IndiGo: Boarding Cancelled?

Old Jul 3, 19, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, UA
IndiGo: Boarding Cancelled?

Earlier today I purchased a ticket for March 2020 from Jaipur to Delhi. All looks fine in the record and I was emailed a boarding pass.

Then I just got an email saying:

Boarding CancelledThis is to inform you that you have been successfully unchecked for the flight 6E-665 from JAI to DEL scheduled to travel on 03Mar20.The earlier issued boarding pass stands invalid.

Is this just because it is too soon to get a boarding pass? I was surprised to get one so early...but they sent it to me! Checking my PNR everything looks okay and confirmed.

Please advise.
Old Jul 4, 19, 1:53 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by jczinn View Post
Earlier today I purchased a ticket for March 2020 from Jaipur to Delhi. All looks fine in the record and I was emailed a boarding pass.

Then I just got an email saying:

Boarding CancelledThis is to inform you that you have been successfully unchecked for the flight 6E-665 from JAI to DEL scheduled to travel on 03Mar20.The earlier issued boarding pass stands invalid.

Is this just because it is too soon to get a boarding pass? I was surprised to get one so early...but they sent it to me! Checking my PNR everything looks okay and confirmed.

Please advise.
I would call them to double check everything is ok. BPs are issued from T-48 so it's very weird that you got yours.

Edit: My bad, Anish is correct, 6E allows you to check in after you have your PNR. You can go generate your BP again.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jul 4, 19 at 3:39 am
Old Jul 4, 19, 3:22 am

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
It's all good, just re-check in. Indigo let's you check in from right when you book the ticket until 1 hour before the flight.
Old Jul 4, 19, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
indigo would mail you your boarding pass automatically once you booked your ticket....even if you didn't check in....at least that has been my experience with them in the past....
Old Jul 4, 19, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, UA
Thanks for the responses. They did email my boarding pass, but then they cancelled it, that's why I was concerned.

However I was able to contact them on Twitter and I got a very quick response! They said the reason was that I had purchased with an international credit card and the card had to be verified at the airport (which I don't understand exactly, as the charge went through.) I guess they need proof of identity. They said I could send them a copy of the card via Twitter, with some numbers blocked out, but that sure didn't seem very secure, so I'll just wait until I get to the airport.

I see all the above respondees seem to be based in India so I imagine that's why this never happened with their tickets.

I guess as long as the record is still reading confirmed I won't worry! Perhaps as we get closer to the date of the flight I will try and get a boarding pass again but I imagine the same thing will happen.
Old Jul 5, 19, 1:03 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
There was a spate fraudulent ticket purchases using stolen cards some time ago. So the airlines started (impractically) requiring a physical copy of the CC while traveling. While they've eased up for Indian travelers, they still do it to some extent for international travelers.

And I'm sure as people started photocopying credit cards to show at check-in that led to a increase in credit card fraud as you had people photocopying (generally in an unsecured way) and then not shredding them when they were done with it.
jczinn likes this.

Search this Thread