Air India going bankrupt?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Air India going bankrupt?

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/70033687.cms

Is this a legit concern? I am booked on an AI flight in Dec. I booked AI because it looked like 9W wouldn't be operating by the time of travel, now I have to worry that AI will go bust also?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
AI is owned by the government. Don't worry they're not shutting down. All of us here will be paying a little more in taxes, surcharges, duties and whatnots to make sure you can fly!
bman1002 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:39 am

In the conventional sense, AI has been bankrupt for a long time. But it is a government business and taxpayers will keep it afloat forever.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
ai is going to be draining the taxpayer long after we are gone from this earth....you have nothing to worry about....
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Indian politicians and bureaucrats are still wedded to special handling by AI, and I can’t see them letting AI have a quick and fast death without replacement VIP privileges to be had or otherwise making a big fuss about why AI can’t go the way of 9W.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
It absolutely shouldn’t be allowed to die. VIP privileges or not. And the government if required has to step in from time to time to save AI over 9W and others. I see nothing wrong in that.

It’s the bureaucrats running an airline that’s the bigger issue. Governments can’t & shouldn’t run airlines because they know only one way of doing things in a bloated, super-duper inefficient, unplanned & un-strategic manner and the airlines‘ business is a extremely unforgiving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.