Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Vistara & United partnership - including FFP reciprocity for earn/burn

Old Jun 19, 19, 1:04 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/69846235.cms

“The new United/Vistara alliance agreement enables United customers traveling from the United States with a seamless travel experience including: Connecting flights from Mumbai and New Delhi; reciprocal frequent flyer benefits – United MileagePlus members earn and redeem frequent flyer miles on all Vistara routes and Vistara’s Club Vistara members earn and redeem frequent flyer miles on all Vistara and United routes,” Vistara said in a statement.
The reciprocal earn/burn is very interesting. Wonder what rates domestic UA flights will credit at on CV...

And poor AI - left at the altar by the Star alliance partner UA once again...!
Old Jun 19, 19, 3:08 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Hopefully this means more UK flights from BOM! They have started taking over some of 9Ws routes from BOM so they’re on the right track.

As for AI they buddied up with DL over UA for some reason. UA was pals with 9W and were looking for a new partner... and UK especially has been good at snapping up partners every which way.

Also based on the quote... you can earn MP miles by flying just UK but you’d have to fly UK+UA to earn CV points!
Old Jun 19, 19, 7:54 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
Also based on the quote... you can earn MP miles by flying just UK but you’d have to fly UK+UA to earn CV points!
I had the exact same question, and based on a clarification (that was answered on twitter) my understanding is that just UA flights, even pure domestic ones on UA flight numbers, will be able to earn UK CV points. Hopefully they will provide more details once they get the relevant regulatory approvals.
Old Jun 19, 19, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i was hoping dl would partner up with uk since the demise of 9w....but i guess that won't happen now....
Old Jun 19, 19, 11:05 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
DL might be forced now to go to AI. They have some rudimentary partnership in place for connecting AI pax domestically in USA from AI INT flights.

Then again does AI care or value any kind of partnership beyond what they were most reluctantly forced to support through *A.

Also 9W had partnerships with UA and DL/KL/AF at the same time!

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jun 20, 19 at 12:15 am
Old Jun 21, 19, 9:01 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
DL might be forced now to go to AI. They have some rudimentary partnership in place for connecting AI pax domestically in USA from AI INT flights.

Then again does AI care or value any kind of partnership beyond what they were most reluctantly forced to support through *A.

Also 9W had partnerships with UA and DL/KL/AF at the same time!
I wouldn’t rule out a UK/DL partnership, unless UA got exclusivity. UK can for now be India’s equivalent of Alaska Airlines, who code shares with SQ, CX, KE, AA, BA, QF, FI, AY and FJ among others.

The UA/UK partnership mentions 20 UK flights code shared, which means 10 round trips, or say 5 each to/from DEL and BOM (and the ex-DEL/BOM are only semi useful as most pax will probably overnight at the hub and continue next day). That’s not comprehensive at all. It’s similar to UA’s code shares with 9W (pre 2014), and the fare booked with code shares was usually around $500 more (in Y) than using interline native flight numbers.
Old Jun 21, 19, 10:46 pm

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller View Post
I wouldn’t rule out a UK/DL partnership, unless UA got exclusivity. UK can for now be India’s equivalent of Alaska Airlines, who code shares with SQ, CX, KE, AA, BA, QF, FI, AY and FJ among others.
I only wish they unveil a similar partner award chart
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.

Search this Thread