FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Biz class to India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1970146-biz-class-india.html)

Shiltsy May 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Biz class to India

Trying to find reasonable business class fares from MSP to PNQ. Unfortunately, PNQ is a bit harder to get to than the tier one cities like Delhi, Bangalore, etc...

Right now, Air India has a decent fare for business class lie flat seats from ORD to DEL on a 777-300ER... I've just heard horror stories about service, cleanliness, etc. My last flight was Emirates first and I certainly don't expect that level of service, but something serviceable would be great. Seems like the fares jump VERY quickly once you rule out Air India.

It's going to be a two stop trip no matter what.... are there other airlines or routes that I should be watching for?

Thanks!

aai May 17, 2019 12:24 pm

Since Jet Airways is not operating anymore, if you want business class all the way to PNQ, then definitely Air India will show first option, you can also check the airlines that has tie up with Vistara like British Airways. Even Emirates started tie up with Spicejet, that recently started selling Business class seats. Not sure whether Spicejet have started Business class to Pune. If Jet Airways was there, you would have got many options compared to what is the situation now.

Shiltsy May 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Really only need business class for the long haul... coach is fine for the short run once we arrive in India. Maybe I need a better travel agent or booking site to put these more complex routes together.

PiperAtGatesofDawn May 17, 2019 1:10 pm

MSP - PNQ will be 2-3 stops for sure. Simplest alternative would be to fly to BOM and hire a cab or to DEL and then use AI/UK to do the DEL - PNQ leg.

AI is obviously no where near EK but has a decent enough soft product. The hard product is wanting.

Depending on when you're flying the ME3 or even DL could be options for you.

aai May 17, 2019 1:12 pm

One more option is to book ticket to Delhi or any metro city in India and book a separate ticket to Pune. This would definitely open up many options and you can adjust timing and book ticket to Pune. If you want all the way, Air India is the best option looks like with good connection and lay over timings.

vishalgupta22 May 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by aai (Post 31112110)
One more option is to book ticket to Delhi or any metro city in India and book a separate ticket to Pune. This would definitely open up many options and you can adjust timing and book ticket to Pune. If you want all the way, Air India is the best option looks like with good connection and lay over timings.

With the Indian domestic baggage limits and charges for excess baggage, separate ticket will work only if OP is traveling really light (<= 15 KG / 33 LB per person). This also provides no safety from missed connection.

Keyser May 18, 2019 3:48 am

from ek first to ai business is a world of a difference....having said that, ai is not that bad....once on board the product is decent in business class....

stick to making the whole booking under a single ticket....you will have a lot of problems with luggage if you book separate tickets....

Anish May 18, 2019 5:14 am

Vistara has additional baggage allowance for passengers connecting on an international flight. Indigo let's you book upto an additional 30kgs for INR1500

@ OP - Personally I would fly into DEL/BLR/HYD and book Indigo or Vistara on a separate ticket.

flyer0123 May 18, 2019 10:03 am

@OP - What is reasonable price? Travel dates?
I was just taking a look on the prices and I don't see any major difference in fare traveling to DEL, BOM, or PNQ at the moment from MSP. I usually fly BA from the US to India (BOM, MAA, BLR) and I keep looking like a hawk as BA/AA drop prices all of sudden providing several options to connect. Well I use BA/AA to keep by OneWorld Elite status and like to avoid AI or any other US airlines for long haul.
I am seeing sub 3K prices to PNQ from ORD with 2 stops but then it involves positioning to ORD
Too many factors to consider :)

jakas May 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 31113625)
from ek first to ai business is a world of a difference....having said that, ai is not that bad....once on board the product is decent in business class....

stick to making the whole booking under a single ticket....you will have a lot of problems with luggage if you book separate tickets....

No he wont if he flies premium economy Vistara from Del-Pnq
https://www.airvistara.com/trip/vist...gage-allowance

jakas May 18, 2019 2:39 pm

Keyser May 19, 2019 9:07 am

Originally Posted by jakas (Post 31114970)
No he wont if he flies premium economy Vistara from Del-Pnq

ai international business baggage allowance is 32kg x 2....on a separate premium economy ticket on vistara the op will get 23kg x 2....it all depends on how much luggage the op has since separate tickets will mean 18kg less baggage allowance....

jakas May 19, 2019 1:12 pm

From International to domestic on a vistara ticket= Biz class 2× 32 per passenger, PE= 2x23 per passenger. This is regardless of the fare paid. So even basic PE or Biz have same allowance on Vistara. But if it's on the same ticket then you get what your ticket says. Flew Vistara in biz and PE just 3 weeks back.

Keyser May 20, 2019 1:29 am

Originally Posted by jakas (Post 31117345)
From International to domestic on a vistara ticket= Biz class 2× 32 per passenger, PE= 2x23 per passenger. This is regardless of the fare paid. So even basic PE or Biz have same allowance on Vistara. But if it's on the same ticket then you get what your ticket says. Flew Vistara in biz and PE just 3 weeks back.

the op is looking to fly nonstop from ord-del....if he is not on a single ticket all the way till pnq then he will lose out on baggage allowance on a separate premium economy ticket with vistara....if he wants the same baggage allowance then he should book a through ticket all the way to pnq....if he does not need that much luggage allowance then what you are saying would work for him....

Anish May 20, 2019 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 31118738)
the op is looking to fly nonstop from ord-del....if he is not on a single ticket all the way till pnq then he will lose out on baggage allowance on a separate premium economy ticket with vistara....if he wants the same baggage allowance then he should book a through ticket all the way to pnq....if he does not need that much luggage allowance then what you are saying would work for him....

If the OP needs 32x2 from DEL-PNQ he can book Vistara J which will honour his ORD-DEL 32x2 allowance.