Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Tight connection in COK between SpiceJet and IndiGo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive Club

I'm traveling in June - didn't book my own travel - and the final portion of my itinerary is:
MLE - COK (SpiceJet)
COK - DXB (IndiGo)
DXB - YYZ (Air Canada)
There are very tight connection times - 1h40m in COK and 2h10m in DXB
I have added confirmed seats to the first two flights to help me get off of the planes faster. I will be flying with carryon only.
SpiceJet offers online check in but I can't find out if it applies to International flights or just domestic. Does anyone know for certain? If I can check in online, can I go directly to the gate?
The MLE/COK and COK/DXB flights are on different PNRs.
If I have to clear customs etc to check in at the counter I seriously doubt that I'll make the connection and would look to switch my DXB - YYZ flight until the next day - although it's not a direct flight, so I'd prefer my original booking!
Any insight/advice appreciated!
Old May 8, 2019, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
only an hour & 40 minutes in cok seems very tight on different pnrs....i would not risk that....
Old May 8, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CBeckett
I'm traveling in June - didn't book my own travel - and the final portion of my itinerary is:
MLE - COK (SpiceJet)
COK - DXB (IndiGo)
DXB - YYZ (Air Canada)
There are very tight connection times - 1h40m in COK and 2h10m in DXB
I have added confirmed seats to the first two flights to help me get off of the planes faster. I will be flying with carryon only.
SpiceJet offers online check in but I can't find out if it applies to International flights or just domestic. Does anyone know for certain? If I can check in online, can I go directly to the gate?
The MLE/COK and COK/DXB flights are on different PNRs.
If I have to clear customs etc to check in at the counter I seriously doubt that I'll make the connection and would look to switch my DXB - YYZ flight until the next day - although it's not a direct flight, so I'd prefer my original booking!
Any insight/advice appreciated!
Spice Jet online check-in doesn't matter coz the risk is when changing from SG to 6E at COK. I am assuming you are trying to do online check-in for 6E COK-DXB, in anycase, online check-in in India doesn't work for international flights.
At COK, you will need to:
  • Deplane (remember your 1:40 minutes are from expected touch down)
  • Clear immigration and Customs
  • Some airports have hand bag scan on international arrivals (like BLR), so if COK has that, count a few minutes there
  • Check - in with 6E
  • Immigration
  • Security
I hope you can make it, I think it's way too risky to try.
I am assuming you either have a Indian Visa or don't need a visa.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I think the person who booked your flights doesn't like you at all. 3 separate international flights with <2 hour transit times in between! That's really asking for trouble.

You stand a very good chance of missing your COK - DXB flight unless your MLE-COK arrives a few minutes before schedule.

You should check with 6E at COK if they have a transit desk where you can collect your BP. The COK airport website is wonderfully vague on this. India doesn't have OLCI for international travel. So you will need to collect the BP from 6E. Check-in counters close at 60 mins to boarding... though they might extend it by a few minutes for handbag pax.

The good thing about COK is that T3 is a very small terminal which is your only saving grace... you have to run for 2-3 minutes to reach the immigration desks (incase there is no transfer desk there). So if your MLE flight arrives at the gate on time you might make it. However you'll probably be bused to the terminal so that will take up more time. And potentially have to go through customs & immigration if there is no transfer desk.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; May 8, 2019 at 11:12 am
Old May 9, 2019, 2:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Before entering immigration you have to look for an agent of Indigo to get you to the departure gate without immigration. It should be possible, but Indigo needs to know you are coming. Spicejet in MLE may deny you boarding because you don't have a visa for India... they can't see the next flight because you are on separate PNRs...

This arrangement is screaming for failure. Give whoever booked this for you an earful and ask for the MLE-DXB direct on EK, using the LoCo route thru India is suicide.
Old May 12, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
This arrangement is screaming for failure. Give whoever booked this for you an earful and ask for the MLE-DXB direct on EK, using the LoCo route thru India is suicide.
This. At the very least book MLE-COK-DUB all on SpiceJet (it's sold as a connection off their website).

The SG flight MLE-COK is on a Q400 = bus gate in COK more or or less guaranteed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.