baggage cost for domestic flight

Old Apr 19, 19, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
baggage cost for domestic flight

Does anyone know the baggage cost for an extra 32 kg bag on Air India for the domestic sector, example AMD to BOM or AMD to DEL?
Old Apr 19, 19, 11:29 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Dhamal View Post
Does anyone know the baggage cost for an extra 32 kg bag on Air India for the domestic sector, example AMD to BOM or AMD to DEL?
@ Rs 500/kg it’s only Rs. 16,000 for an additional 32 kgs. The cost/kg is irrespective of where you fly domestic.
Old Apr 19, 19, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
@ Rs 500/kg itís only Rs. 16,000 for an additional 32 kgs. The cost/kg is irrespective of where you fly domestic.
its actually inr 500 per kg + gst....
Old Apr 19, 19, 1:37 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
its actually inr 500 per kg + gst....
Of course... so about 19k INR then.
Old Apr 22, 19, 8:13 am
Original Poster

the reaso I ask, is I have a connecting flight from AMD-AI(2x32kg) to DEL and going to WAW-LO-(3x32kg) to EWR(3x32kg)via LO, I wanted to see how much it would cost to carry extra bag for international connection.
Old Apr 22, 19, 8:14 am

the reaso I ask, is I have a connecting flight from AMD-AI(2x32kg) to DEL and going to WAW-LO-(3x32kg) to EWR(3x32kg)via LO, I wanted to see how much it would cost to carry extra bag for international connection.
Single ticket or separate?
Old Apr 22, 19, 9:54 am
Original Poster

it's one ticket
Old Apr 22, 19, 10:28 am

If it's a single ticket then AFAIK USDOT rules should apply and you would get 3*32 through the whole trip.
Dhamal likes this.
Old Apr 22, 19, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying from India back to EWR in LOT new DELHI via WAW to EWR allows 3x32kg's.. just in case AI were to argue about the baggage, I wanted to know how much it would be extra for the bag to go from AMD to DEL.. is why I asked the question.
Old Apr 23, 19, 1:09 am

I'm flying from India back to EWR in LOT new DELHI via WAW to EWR allows 3x32kg's.. just in case AI were to argue about the baggage, I wanted to know how much it would be extra for the bag to go from AMD to DEL.. is why I asked the question.
If it's a single ticket AMD - EWR and the inbound/return if applicable was the same then you will get 3x32kgs throughout.

What you see in the ticket is AI's standard baggage allowance. It doesn't factor in the baggage rules from the rest of the legs of your journey.
Dhamal likes this.
Old Apr 23, 19, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you for quick reply.

Search this Thread