Indigo flight cancellations

Old Feb 18, 19, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Indigo flight cancellations

Hello please can anybody advise me about the much written about Indigo flight cancellations between now
and end of March - I have two flights booked on 18th and 25th. Does anybody know which flights are likely to be cancelled this far out? Thank you
Old Feb 18, 19, 9:52 am

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Are you flying in/out of Mumbai?
Old Feb 18, 19, 9:56 am

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Why do you think they may be cancelled?
Old Feb 18, 19, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

I am flying out of Mumbai to TRV and return. Apparently Indigo are going to cancel a chunk of their flights each day between now and the end of March
Old Feb 19, 19, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
I am flying out of Mumbai to TRV and return. Apparently Indigo are going to cancel a chunk of their flights each day between now and the end of March
in such a situation your best bet would be to call them....the schedule for which flights will be cancelled is probably not going to come out a day or two before the flight date so there is no way to tell this far out if your flight will be cancelled....
Old Feb 19, 19, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
in such a situation your best bet would be to call them....the schedule for which flights will be cancelled is probably not going to come out a day or two before the flight date so there is no way to tell this far out if your flight will be cancelled....
Thank you - would Indigo reimburse you if they cancel your flight?
Old Feb 19, 19, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
They will put the pax on another flight (if any) or refund
Old Feb 20, 19, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
Thank you - would Indigo reimburse you if they cancel your flight?
if they cancel at the last minute then they would probably try to accommodate you on another flight....if they cancel in advance then they will probably offer a refund first....
Old Feb 20, 19, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Fingers crossed and thank you I need to get to TRV as have a hotel booked and it will cost me a lot of money
Old Feb 20, 19, 7:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Strange that they are not blaming anything in particular... normally it would be the new neo engines, the airport infrastructure, etc etc. Nothing. Just cancelling 30 flights each day.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/68010459.cms
Old Feb 20, 19, 7:06 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Strange that they are not blaming anything in particular... normally it would be the new neo engines, the airport infrastructure, etc etc. Nothing. Just cancelling 30 flights each day.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/68010459.cms
They have taken a page out of 9W's books and started with outright lying. Their stories included "nothing is wrong, cancellations - what cancellations?". Then they blamed weather, airports etc. They can't blame the Neo engines anymore. That was over by Mar/Apr '18. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/68047503.cms

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Feb 20, 19 at 7:13 am
Old Feb 20, 19, 8:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ah, now its clearer. They have a pilot shortage or rather the pilots they currently employ are realising their worth and sticking to the rule book
Old Feb 20, 19, 9:32 am
Original Poster

I know it sounds really selfish but I just hope my flights donít get cancelled - its been a long and tricky year...

Search this Thread