Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Bangalore (BLR, BIAL): Is airside connection domestic -> international possible?

Bangalore (BLR, BIAL): Is airside connection domestic -> international possible?

Old Feb 15, 19, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, FB silver

I have only 95 mins time between a domestic Indigo from AMD and onward flight with Lufthansa and would like to avoid any unnecessary delays.
How big are the chances to make it?
Of course I don't have luggage.

Thanks for advice,
Thomas

Last edited by uewi100; Feb 15, 19 at 9:15 am
Old Feb 15, 19, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Transfer desk for boarding pass

I found out that I will not be able to already print my LH boarding pass upfront but need to do it at the airport.
So basically I have two questions:
1. Is there a tranfer desk to be able to print out my boarding pass?
2. Is there a direct way to the international gates (LH) to avoid going landside.
Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 19, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
its been a couple of years since i did a domestic to international transfer in blr but 95 minutes would be a little tight....

you can't go directly to the international gates & would have to go through security after checking in for your international flight....
Old Feb 16, 19, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Hi keyser and all,
Thanks for reply.
so do i understand correctly that there is no transfer desk for checkin and i do need to get landside to checkin hall?

Best,
Thomas

Last edited by uewi100; Feb 16, 19 at 2:47 am
Old Feb 16, 19, 5:25 am

Programs: Blasť..
Originally Posted by uewi100 View Post
Hi keyser and all,
Thanks for reply.
so do i understand correctly that there is no transfer desk for checkin and i do need to get landside to checkin hall?

Best,
Thomas
That is correct - You can come out and prior to exiting the terminal you have a gate to go to departures again where you can check-in and go through security again! With all the 6E delays happening in AMD n elsewhere - I would strongly suggest to check for an alternative early flight if you can!
Old Feb 18, 19, 9:54 am

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
This is not possible. As Bioflyer pointed out, you will exit after domestic baggage claim and turn right to the check-in desks. If your AMD flight is on time, this should be doable since technically the walk between entering the terminal after your domestic flight and reaching the desks is 5-7 minutes.
Old Feb 19, 19, 6:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Your biggest risks will be indigo delays and immigration at BLR. If everything goes on time, it's doable without any bags.

Search this Thread