Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Can we take an Air condition Unit in Aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: N/A

Can i carry the Air condition Unit( Check-in) luggage in Air craft, Air Asia Airlines. Please let us know what are the specifications to followed . As we are confused.Please assist.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
as long as the weight & height of the package are under the allowed limits, i don't see why you can't do this....
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The halon gas within the air conditioner can technically be assumed to be a compressed gas.

https://www.airasia.com/ph/en/baggag...ous-goods.page

The luggage compartment in the aircraft is pressurised and heated to about 10-15°C, so nothing will happen, but the cabin pressure even in the hold is lower than normal, so any gas can escape...
Dhamal likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Assuming you're taking about a window AC or the outdoor unit of a split AC unit, it is unlikely you can do this because the weight of the unit would be over 32kgs. Which is the max per piece allowance.

Then there are issues of safety (gas), and dimensions (max 119x119x81) and overall weight which would means in the unlikely event you're allowed to you'd have high baggage fees.

I'd talk to the airport office at I5 first before booking.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:23 am

As long as the weight & height of the package are under the allowed limits, you can carry them.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Where will you placing the A/C unit? checked in baggage or sitting on the seat next to you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.