FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Lounge Access at BOM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1952679-lounge-access-bom.html)

RanChin Jan 24, 2019 2:06 am

Lounge Access at BOM

As a Star Alliance gold member, do I get lounge access for a guest who is also flying a Star Alliance carrier while at BOM? I'm asking this because there are no Star Alliance lounges here, but only contract lounges.

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jan 24, 2019 8:38 am

Yes you do. The *A airline that you're checking-in with will issue a lounge card for you and your guest. Make sure they're present with you.

ajeleonard Jan 24, 2019 8:43 am

The airline you are flying will have a contract with one of the lounges, and will issue you an invitation as a *G

Keyser Jan 24, 2019 10:09 am

Originally Posted by RanChin (Post 30693831)
As a Star Alliance gold member, do I get lounge access for a guest who is also flying a Star Alliance carrier while at BOM? I'm asking this because there are no Star Alliance lounges here, but only contract lounges.

only if the guest is on the same flight as you & you both check-in together....

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jan 24, 2019 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 30695312)
only if the guest is on the same flight as you & you both check-in together....

Not necessary to be on the same flight. *A rules. I've done this flying UA with a friend on AI.

deepism Jan 24, 2019 11:42 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn (Post 30695336)
Not necessary to be on the same flight. *A rules. I've done this flying UA with a friend on AI.

While I am not sure about the rule, it would be difficult task to explain and convince the air India staff. In fact I always struggle to ask them to add my UA ff number at the time of check in.

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jan 24, 2019 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by deepism (Post 30695744)
While I am not sure about the rule, it would be difficult task to explain and convince the air India staff. In fact I always struggle to ask them to add my UA ff number at the time of check in.

I’ve not experienced incompetent AI staff in BOM. I add my SQ FFP all the time... in seconds and get my lounge card without a single comment or question. In the smaller stations I have faced and experienced all kinds of ridiculous questions and comments for adding my FFP and or for lounge access.

And yes it is a *A rule.

Keyser Jan 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn (Post 30695336)

interesting....i've had ai staff deny that to a friend of mine who was on another ai flight to a different destination....even though we were both checking in together....that's the only time i have ever tried this....

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jan 25, 2019 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 30696800)
interesting....i've had ai staff deny that to a friend of mine who was on another ai flight to a different destination....even though we were both checking in together....that's the only time i have ever tried this....

Next time show them the below. It’s standard *A benefits and the actual *G benefit doesn’t refer “paid” tickets at all. It’s valid for all types of tickets.:
https://www.flyingreturns.co.in/html/pc_maharajah.php
  • Complimentary access to airport lounges on presentation of same-day departing Star Alliance paid ticket and Gold card. One guest is also allowed provided they are also travelling on a paid ticket for same day departure with a Star Alliance Airline.

Keyser Jan 25, 2019 10:13 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn (Post 30698123)

Next time show them the below. It’s standard *A benefits and the actual *G benefit doesn’t refer “paid” tickets at all. It’s valid for all types of tickets.:
  • Complimentary access to airport lounges on presentation of same-day departing Star Alliance paid ticket and Gold card. One guest is also allowed provided they are also travelling on a paid ticket for same day departure with a Star Alliance Airline.

thanks for the link....i don't think i will ever be in this situation again but if i am then this will be handy....

vishalgupta22 Jan 28, 2019 11:40 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn (Post 30698123)

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 30699785)
thanks for the link....i don't think i will ever be in this situation again but if i am then this will be handy....

With AI staff, I am not very hopeful of winning this battle.

PiperAtGatesofDawn Jan 29, 2019 12:29 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 (Post 30710740)

With AI staff, I am not very hopeful of winning this battle.

At BOM I absolutely am.

At other stations you're probably right. I've had AI staff discuss among themselves whether as a SQ KEF (*G) I should get lounge access; as a AI TMC should I get lounge access on an award ticket. I've also had AI staff giving Mrs. Piper lounge access when she was traveling alone on an award ticket booked through my AI TMC account because somehow they thought she was TMC!

enox5 Mar 17, 2019 8:35 am

I am flyinh BOM to LHR, with 9W in J. Which lounge will I access in BOM? Is it any good?

Anish Mar 17, 2019 10:44 am

GVK East Wing Lounge. It's a very good lounge, you can find detailed reviews with a quick Google search.

TheBigRat Apr 7, 2019 5:25 am

If you are in transit - how do you get a lounge invitation ?