Jet Airways Reliability

Old Jan 12, 19, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Jet Airways Reliability

I have booked a round-trip from JFK-DEL, with my return flight on Air France departing at 1:05AM on Sunday, March 31 (so basically late Saturday night).

I would like to book a side trip to Jaipur. I am eyeing a flight back to Delhi from Jaipur which is scheduled to land at 5:25PM on Saturday, March 30, 7 hours and 40 minutes prior to my return flight. Clearly, if everything goes well, this would give me a ton of time to switch terminals, deal with border control / customs, etc.

However, not being very familiar with Jet Airways, especially their domestic flights, I don't know how worried I should be about things not going well (delays, cancellations, etc.).

Any advice? Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 19, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
In my experience so far, hej has been very reliable . Even if something really bad (jet cancels the flight) , you should be able to take a cab and get to Delhi airport (~5 hours from Jaipur
Old Jan 12, 19, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

That's a great point; assuming they don't drag their feet on cancelling. Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
9w has been having some financial problems lately & have been cancelling some flights....however, i have taken over a dozen 9w flights over the last couple of months & none of them have been cancelled & most of them have been on time....

also, 9w flies into the same terminal as the international flights so you don't have to switch terminals....

finally, there is a 6e, ai & even another 9w flight after the one you are looking to book so in case your flight is delayed/cancelled, you still have 2-3 more options of flying back to del on time to make your international connection....2 hours is more than enough to make a domestic to international connection in del at terminal 3....
Old Jan 13, 19, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
9w has been having some financial problems lately & have been cancelling some flights....however, i have taken over a dozen 9w flights over the last couple of months & none of them have been cancelled & most of them have been on time....

also, 9w flies into the same terminal as the international flights so you don't have to switch terminals....

finally, there is a 6e, ai & even another 9w flight after the one you are looking to book so in case your flight is delayed/cancelled, you still have 2-3 more options of flying back to del on time to make your international connection....2 hours is more than enough to make a domestic to international connection in del at terminal 3....
Thank you! I will book it this morning.

Search this Thread