FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Jet Airways Reliability (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1950663-jet-airways-reliability.html)

acrophobia Jan 12, 19 3:19 pm

Jet Airways Reliability

I have booked a round-trip from JFK-DEL, with my return flight on Air France departing at 1:05AM on Sunday, March 31 (so basically late Saturday night).

I would like to book a side trip to Jaipur. I am eyeing a flight back to Delhi from Jaipur which is scheduled to land at 5:25PM on Saturday, March 30, 7 hours and 40 minutes prior to my return flight. Clearly, if everything goes well, this would give me a ton of time to switch terminals, deal with border control / customs, etc.

However, not being very familiar with Jet Airways, especially their domestic flights, I don't know how worried I should be about things not going well (delays, cancellations, etc.).

Any advice? Thanks!

vishalgupta22 Jan 12, 19 3:54 pm

In my experience so far, hej has been very reliable . Even if something really bad (jet cancels the flight) , you should be able to take a cab and get to Delhi airport (~5 hours from Jaipur

acrophobia Jan 12, 19 4:05 pm

That's a great point; assuming they don't drag their feet on cancelling. Thanks!

Keyser Jan 12, 19 10:24 pm

9w has been having some financial problems lately & have been cancelling some flights....however, i have taken over a dozen 9w flights over the last couple of months & none of them have been cancelled & most of them have been on time....

also, 9w flies into the same terminal as the international flights so you don't have to switch terminals....

finally, there is a 6e, ai & even another 9w flight after the one you are looking to book so in case your flight is delayed/cancelled, you still have 2-3 more options of flying back to del on time to make your international connection....2 hours is more than enough to make a domestic to international connection in del at terminal 3....

acrophobia Jan 13, 19 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 30647476)
9w has been having some financial problems lately & have been cancelling some flights....however, i have taken over a dozen 9w flights over the last couple of months & none of them have been cancelled & most of them have been on time....

also, 9w flies into the same terminal as the international flights so you don't have to switch terminals....

finally, there is a 6e, ai & even another 9w flight after the one you are looking to book so in case your flight is delayed/cancelled, you still have 2-3 more options of flying back to del on time to make your international connection....2 hours is more than enough to make a domestic to international connection in del at terminal 3....

Thank you! I will book it this morning.