Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto to London to Mumbai

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Toronto to London to Mumbai

HI
26th I will be traveling from Toronto to London I’m air canada and from London to Mumbai Air India by end point is hyd same airline

my question
if I take 4kg of dry fruit in hand laguage will London airport or Canada on Mumbai stop me in customs or it’s fine to carry
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I assume it will all be in packaged sealed bags. Unless you have a stopover in London, LHR authorities won't care. Indian customs won't bother you either.

In my previous experience - dry fruit especially nuts throw up question marks during the security scan. So they will manually inspect your bag at every security point in all likelyhood. Other than that your only problem would be your check-in luggage weight.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Hi

thanks for reply all are company sealed brought from costco not opened in my hand baggage I will carry only 4 kg of dry fruits (attached)and laptop

my only worry is thinking that they won’t allow or ask me to leave that to clear security
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
shouldn't be a problem....i've brought back trail mix & other nuts from costco before....indian authorities won't bother you....
Old Dec 25, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by tst001
my only worry is thinking that they won’t allow or ask me to leave that to clear security
No they won’t. You’ll be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.