FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   immigration at mumbai airport or goa airport? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1946538-immigration-mumbai-airport-goa-airport.html)

NeeonC Dec 18, 2018 6:20 pm

immigration at mumbai airport or goa airport?

hi guys i am travelling from Toronto to Goa(YYZ-BOM operated by Air Canada and BOM- GOI operated by Air India. will my baggage be tagged all the way through to Goa or will i have to do immigration at mumbai?

PiperAtGatesofDawn Dec 18, 2018 9:36 pm

What's your AI flight #?

oliver2002 Dec 19, 2018 4:42 am

If you are on AC46 to AI 33 then immigration and customs clearance will take place in Goa. You will just have to go thru a transit security check in Mumbai.

Keyser Dec 19, 2018 6:50 am

also depends if you are on a single or separate tickets....

Bioflyer Dec 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by NeeonC (Post 30551039)
hi guys i am travelling from Toronto to Goa(YYZ-BOM operated by Air Canada and BOM- GOI operated by Air India. will my baggage be tagged all the way through to Goa or will i have to do immigration at mumbai?

About immigration - It would depend upon your flight number as mentioned above - However for baggage, either ways BOM being your first entry point in India - You will have to gather your bags, clear customs and drop them again at the AI counter on the left after customs! (Bags may be tagged all the way to GOI but collection at BOM and clearing customs is must)

PiperAtGatesofDawn Dec 21, 2018 12:44 am

Not quite. If you don’t go through immigration in BOM you don’t go through customs in BOM either. The baggage gets through checked to GOI and you receive it only at GOI not before.

flyalways Dec 21, 2018 10:42 am

Originally Posted by NeeonC (Post 30551039)

Keep an eye on AI officials yelling for city names ! If Goa is mentioned go to them and they will make sure that
you are transiting through to departure gates. You will then do your immigration, baggage pick up and customs
in Goa. If not follow rest of the people and do immigration, bag pick up, customs in BOM and drop your baggage
at AI counter next to customs.
Do not expect AC agent in YYZ to know this stuff. I think this is a huge issue since the process
is inconsistent ! My suggestion to AI would be to remove this process and have everyone do
immigration/customs at first POE in India...My $.02.

678flyer Dec 24, 2018 5:25 am

AI flight numbers 400 - 899 are tagged as "domestic flights". If taking one of these, then immigration & customs happens at the transit point. Else at the destination.

flyalways Dec 24, 2018 5:48 am

Originally Posted by 678flyer (Post 30569667)
AI flight numbers 400 - 899 are tagged as "domestic flights". If taking one of these, then immigration & customs happens at the transit point. Else at the destination.

None of the remote airline staff where you check-in (even AI staff) do not know or tell you this.
You assume that you will do I & C in BOM. If you miss the call by AI at transit point, you will
clear Immigration in Mumbai and keep waiting for your bags at the belt :-(
Immigration in GOI is also slow if you get stuck behind couple of flights
coming in at the same time...