question about lounges in DEL

Old Dec 16, 18, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

question about lounges in DEL

Hello,
I will be arriving in DEl on KLM and will have a four hour wait to catch another flight on Sri Lankan Airlines to CMB.

I will have access to almost all of the lounges at DEL (business class on KL and Sri Lankan, Priority Pass, American Express, etc). Given the options, what lounge do those of you who use this airport frequently recommend?

Also, I will have to collect my luggage and re-check with Sri Lankan. Does this mean I will need to leave the secure area and go through immigration, then re-enter? Or is there are area to re-check through luggage?

Thank you for any advice!
Old Dec 17, 18, 12:46 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
You will have to go through immigration and customs and then recheck your luggage with UL.

You will only have access to the ITC & Premier Plaza Lounges. I prefer the Premier Plaza in the “Lounges B” area on the 4th level.
Old Dec 17, 18, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply.
I do not have an Indian visa- because i am not leavign the airport. But it sounds like I will need one to recheck my luggage?
Since it is too late to get a visa, maybe I will need to travel with just carry-on luggage?
Old Dec 17, 18, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by S_D_P View Post
Also, I will have to collect my luggage and re-check with Sri Lankan. Does this mean I will need to leave the secure area and go through immigration, then re-enter? Or is there are area to re-check through luggage?
are you on one through ticket or on separate tickets????

do you have an indian visa????
Old Dec 17, 18, 11:49 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by S_D_P View Post
Thanks for your reply.
I do not have an Indian visa- because i am not leavign the airport. But it sounds like I will need one to recheck my luggage?
Since it is too late to get a visa, maybe I will need to travel with just carry-on luggage?
Yes you will need a visa. See if you qualify for a e-visa. I assume from your first post you are on separate tickets.

As a general rule you can’t recheck luggage in another country without going landside and hence through immigration. Certain SE Asian countries are an exception but the rule generally holds true the world over.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Dec 17, 18 at 11:57 am
Old Dec 21, 18, 4:16 pm

KL interlines with UL so they should be able to tag your bags thru but on two seperate tickets it is hard to know whether they will. There is a facility at DEL to recheck luggage for ailrines that do not interline w/o visa. Somone will accompany you to recheck the luggage before taking you back. While it is possible you may have an issue with KL allowing you on the flght. If you are not willing to chance it get the e-visa.

Search this Thread