Indigo shows all seats occupied

Old Dec 13, 18, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, AC, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Indigo shows all seats occupied

Haven't booked on 6E in several years. Had no intention of flying again, but traveling with 2 kids and they are the only ones with a nonstop flight on the route, so there's not a real choice here.

Trying to book on 6E 7162 BLR-TRZ. Aircraft is an ATR, and this is for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 lap infant. As I go through the booking process, and get to the seat selection screen, it shows all seats in grey, indicating occupied. Anyone seen this before, and know what that means? Does it mean this flight is already oversold, with no seats available to select? My only other thought, aside from possible IT error, is that perhaps having a lap infant on the reservation somehow disables seat selection. Don't want to book and be denied boarding. Any other thoughts as to why this might be happening.

And while we're here - any suggestions on best rows to sit? Ideally, something as far away from the propellers as possible - the lap infant will be 7 months old, and I know it will be somewhat loud, but want to be in a place where it is as quiet as possible.
Old Dec 14, 18, 2:08 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I've traveled with a lap infant before on 6E and my seat selection was never blocked. But it was on a A319/320 type of jet not a ATR if that makes a difference.

Since most of the forward seats are paid seats and I seriously doubt that 70-80% of the people on the flight would have coughed up the silly amounts of money airlines ask to pre-book their seats - it must be something else. IT, aircraft change, infant on ATR or something like that.

It's a high risk game overselling an ATR... that too by 4 people or more!!! Check if your flight is still bookable.... that way you'll feel even more confident it's some other error. Or even better call in to block your seats.
Old Dec 15, 18, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've come across this before with indigo & other airlines as well....there are a number of seats they don't release before hand so the seats are definitely available but not available for selection during the booking process....
Old Dec 15, 18, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, AC, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
It appears the infant is causing the issue - Tried a dummy booking without infant for same
flight/date, and it is showing seating options.

Going to try and call and see if I can get/buy a seat assignment that way. Donít know for sure, but wonder if there are limited rows in the ATR where one can sit with a lap infant - I know for example on the Embraer 145s, there is this issue with only 4 or 5 rows being able to accommodate an infant as these are the only rows with an extra oxygen mask in case of emergency.

Search this Thread