Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits on Air India crew

Old Nov 14, 18, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward

https://www.indiatoday.in/trending-n...070-2018-11-14

Wow! She got trouble with her flight crew, but she was denied to serves a alcohol beverage and then she spits on flight attendants. She could get lifetime ban on any airlines. She recently flew in Business Class.
Old Nov 14, 18, 12:17 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Surprised the article didn't read "AI crew punch drunk woman in the face"! This is the one time that that would be completely acceptable behaviour from them.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Nov 14, 18 at 12:33 pm
Old Nov 14, 18, 6:07 pm

From the video, the crew members at the receiving end showed a tremendous amount of restraint. Fantastic job! I would have sucker punched her if she spat on me.
Old Nov 15, 18, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
Surprised the article didn't read "AI crew punch drunk woman in the face"! This is the one time that that would be completely acceptable behaviour from them.
agreed....
Old Nov 15, 18, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
From the video, the crew members at the receiving end showed a tremendous amount of restraint. Fantastic job! I would have sucker punched her if she spat on me.
Unfortunately Indian crew behaves differently with white foreigners and others ! This is a common observation and this could be the reason why they showed the restraint that they did IMHO...
Old Nov 15, 18, 10:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP ; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Deplorable behavior!
Old Nov 16, 18, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyalways View Post
Unfortunately Indian crew behaves differently with white foreigners and others ! This is a common observation and this could be the reason why they showed the restraint that they did IMHO...
i think the 3 factors for the restraint (in no particular order) were white passenger, female & business class....having said that, i still think its commendable for the staff to have shown that restraint....
GUWonder, NoviceFT and knit-in like this.
Old Nov 16, 18, 11:44 am

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
Simone O’Broin is well known for being a troublemaker. I'm glad this was caught on video. I hope airlines ban this woman forever.
Old Nov 16, 18, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by reamworks View Post
Simone O’Broin is well known for being a troublemaker. I'm glad this was caught on video. I hope airlines ban this woman forever.
What other kind of trouble has she caused as a passenger on planes/at airports? My bet is the issue taken above has to do with matters other than just her behavior as a passenger on a flight.

I see no good reason for airlines beside AI to ban her, if even that. The British court system is a better venue for justice set upon her than corporate users of the commons for air travel colluding to set up their own "justice" system and dealing in punishment.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 16, 18 at 1:25 pm
Old Nov 16, 18, 1:47 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
The Israelis are having the biggest laugh... given that she’s a pro-Palestine activist.
Old Nov 16, 18, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i think the 3 factors for the restraint (in no particular order) were white passenger, female & business class....having said that, i still think its commendable for the staff to have shown that restraint....
So what you are saying is that an Indian Man in Economy Class would have been
beaten up by the AI crew ???
Old Nov 16, 18, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyalways View Post
So what you are saying is that an Indian Man in Economy Class would have been
beaten up by the AI crew ???
let's just say the headline might have been a little different if this were the case....
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 16, 18, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP ; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
https://www.irishcentral.com/news/wa...sted-air-india

This particular Irish publication mentions the woman getting irate and puts shameful in quotes while describing her abusive, deplorable behavior. A rather soft approach, I think.
Old Jul 4, 19, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Unfortunately, she found dead by last month. She’s gone! She was released from jail, but she didn’t want to go see counseling. She need her help.

https://news.yahoo.com/human-rights-...210000912.html

She found dead at Beachy Head. I felt sorry for her.
Old Jul 4, 19, 3:34 am

Bah... thanks for ruining that for us.
N830MH likes this.

Search this Thread