Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways Lounge Access in BOM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Blue, 9W BP
Jet Airways Lounge Access in BOM

I travelled my usual KWI-BOM-HYD run on 5-11-2018 / 9W / J class. Arrived at GVK Lounge in BOM with J boarding pass in hand. Denied entry; lounge dragon said Jet Airways no longer gives access to GVK Lounge @ BOM, for J/9W Plat/Gold. In effect from 31-10-2018.
Anyone else know the details? 9W cost cutting or going under soon?
I entered the lounge using Lounge Key though.

Flying back same route tomorrow; will update on the lounge access at BOM on the intl leg.

-chuckiekwi
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
already being discussed here:

Jet Privilege scenario if Jet airways goes bust?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Flying 9W intl ex BOM in 11 days... in the other thread someone mentioned that GVK lounges are accessible with PP?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Flying 9W intl ex BOM in 11 days... in the other thread someone mentioned that GVK lounges are accessible with PP?
PP access only in GVK DOM if you’re an elite and want to get a companion in or nowadays for 9W elite and J travelers.

In INT anyone can get it by paying 3K INR in J and something more in F. No PP access in INT.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Ah, OK. I have better uses for 3000 INR... I'll try the PP affiliated lounges instead then or wander the beautiful terminal.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Angry 9w/j/bom int

Ah, OK. I have better uses for 3000 INR... I'll try the PP affiliated lounges instead then or wander the beautiful terminal.
The loyalty lounge in BOM INT is a joke. Try it and see the difference between the GVK lounge and the loyalty lounge.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
Sorry mod, pls feel free to remove if deemed inappropriate
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yeah but I wouldn't pay 3k for lounge access in BOM. Plenty of restaurants and the food court where I can get a decent meal and drinks and save some money too. Especially if I'm traveling in J after that.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by chuckiekwi
The loyalty lounge in BOM INT is a joke. Try it and see the difference between the GVK lounge and the loyalty lounge.
Sure but 3k buys you a lot of nice things in BOM. Last time (I think 2017) I was there when flying Lufthansa first it was nice but super crowded.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Any update on the situation at the BOM domestic lounge for 9W plat members flying Y?
Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:45 am

No access last night. Jet even sent me an SMS notification about the BOM lounge situation a day before.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:55 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
I am surprised it is so quiet here. Jet Airways has pulled lounge access across the country for all sorts of elites. Reinstated in Mumbai only for J and F pax.

All details here. 900 words so can't put everything here. If Mods want to remove can do... https://livefromalounge.boardingarea...ege-withdrawn/
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:30 am

Ignoring that clickbait, on Thursday night I didn't get access to GVK in BOM intl on 9W J. In CCU a lounge pass was issued at checkin.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:56 pm

Ignoring that clickbait, on Thursday night I didn't get access to GVK in BOM intl on 9W J. In CCU a lounge pass was issued at checkin.
I think you missed GVK access by a day!

Funnily even though 9W’s website clearly states - “Guests travelling in First Class and Première from Mumbai can enjoy complimentary access to the lounge at Mumbai Airport with immediate effect.” They haven’t yet reincluded BOM in their list of domestic airports with lounge access just below that statement! https://www.jetairways.com/en/in/tra...n/lounges.aspx

Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
You should be able to claim some miles as a compensation. Someone posted that they were offered 4k miles for BOM-CDG in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.