Ai upgrade for sure

Old Oct 27, 18, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Ai upgrade for sure

Hello,
Has anyone had any recent experiences with AI UFS? Also the website mentions you get all benifits except upgraded baggage allowance so does this include miles accrual based on upgraded class? Thanks in advance
Old Oct 28, 18, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
yes, you will get the miles based on the upgraded class....
Old Oct 29, 18, 10:57 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: SK*D
Yes, UFS is pretty easily done, but you have to call them not more than 24 hours before departure for international flights and 12 hours for domestic ones. The staff seems fairly competent to do it. Usually you get upgraded to the Z booking code, which may or may not give you additional miles based on your crediting program. I use SK Eurobonus and Z gives me 200% mileage.
Old Oct 29, 18, 11:17 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
You’ll get all the J benefits including the J miles, lounge access etc. etc. except baggage as you rightly noted.

I think the reason they don’t allow the additional baggage is so that people don’t get stuck when come to the aiport to buy the upgrade at check-in with J allowance baggage to find that upgrades aren’t available.
Old Oct 30, 18, 10:02 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: SK*D
Actually there's a bit more than that. AI offers three different kinds of upgrades.
1. Upfront Upgrade: where you pay online for an upgrade up to 72 hours before the flight and the airline confirms 24 hours before whether you are upgraded or not. Your booking code remains the same and you only get miles for the original booking code. All other business/first class benefits are provided except additional baggage.
2. Airport Upgrade: where you pay at the airport ticketing office to upgrade. Just like above, you only get miles for the original booking class. All other business/first class benefits remain the same except additional baggage. In my experience, this is the cheapest option for Europe-India routes.
3. Upgrade for Sure: where you call within 24 hours of your international flight or 12 hours of your domestic flight and ask them to upgrade for you using "UFS". This rebooks you to a new booking code and you get miles for the upgraded class. Once again, you get all business/first class benefits, except for luggage.
Old Oct 30, 18, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RanChin View Post
Actually there's a bit more than that. AI offers three different kinds of upgrades.
1. Upfront Upgrade: where you pay online for an upgrade up to 72 hours before the flight and the airline confirms 24 hours before whether you are upgraded or not. Your booking code remains the same and you only get miles for the original booking code. All other business/first class benefits are provided except additional baggage.
2. Airport Upgrade: where you pay at the airport ticketing office to upgrade. Just like above, you only get miles for the original booking class. All other business/first class benefits remain the same except additional baggage. In my experience, this is the cheapest option for Europe-India routes.
3. Upgrade for Sure: where you call within 24 hours of your international flight or 12 hours of your domestic flight and ask them to upgrade for you using "UFS". This rebooks you to a new booking code and you get miles for the upgraded class. Once again, you get all business/first class benefits, except for luggage.
The check-in agent in India told me Id get all the business class miles with the airport upgrade scheme, turns out only economy miles posted as youve said. Thanks for all the information

Search this Thread