Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Denied JP miles and tier points for a domestic P flight

Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat

I had a domestic P (cheapest business class) itinerary booked for October in August, that I flew recently (Oct 18). When the miles and tier points didn't credit, I called up Jet Privilege and was advised that a very recent change has scrapped JP miles and tier points for domestic P class flights. I find this move from Jet extremely bizarre, especially at a time when they should be wooing high spending customers. I have been Jet plat for 7/8 years and have seen the airline and the FF program take a steep dive downwards and this seems to be the last nail in the coffin for me.

Also, I don't know how they can apply a recent change retrospectively, as my itinerary was booked in August when this rule did not exist. Needless to say, Ive written to member services and hope this is just a misunderstanding (as I find this move extremely short sighted and bizarre) and the attendant who answered my call was ill-informed, but I'm not holding my breath ...because this is Jet.

I'm writing here, both, to vent, and, also, to see if anyone else has had a similar experience recently.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:57 am

It's atrocious but given it's Jet, not hugely surprising. Also try emailing [email protected]. In the past I remember getting a decent response or two out of them.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
It's definitely an ill-informed agent. Here's a link you can use for reference - https://www.jetairways.com/documents...eges-jan18.pdf
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Heh.. no miles for traveling J. That’s a world first for sure.

What happens when you put in your details here - https://www.jetairways.com/en/in/jet...ing-miles.aspx
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have a number of 9w flights coming up....all booked in p class....but i'm crediting them all to dl so hopefully i shouldn't run into this problem....
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
So I haven't heard back from Jet, other than an automated email assigning me a case number and saying they were checking on my complaint and would revert shortly.

I did point out to the telephone agent, when we spoke last week, that their website still displays the same benefits for P class as in the past, but, was told that the change was very recent and blah blah... I was then told in no uncertain terms that there was nothing he could do and was advised to write to member services, which I did. Just to clarify, I was told that this rule change was for domestic P flights only.

I will update here once I hear back from them.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by vbh812
I will update here once I hear back from them.
keep us posted....interested to know what excuses they will come up with now....
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:26 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
they are confused. P class is recently being used for cash upgrades (upsells) as well. you need to clarify that this is a cash ticket nd not an upgraded ticket. hope that helps you. else Twitter is your friend
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Update -

No movement in my case. I have received 2 more useless automated responses letting me know that my case is being looked into and asking for patience since my business is valuable to them.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vbh812
Update -

No movement in my case. I have received 2 more useless automated responses letting me know that my case is being looked into and asking for patience since my business is valuable to them.
As suggested above why don’t your DM them on Twitter... apparently they’re very responsive there. Maybe they spend all their time tweeting hence don’t have time to check their emails. : )
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: EK Blue, 9W BP
I flew KWI-BOM-HYD P class on 05-Nov; miles, tier points and bonus miles promptly credited for KWI-BOM leg. Will mail and see what they respond for BOM-HYD leg.
I flew the same route twice in Sep / Oct this year, each time same story . KWI-BOM / BOM-KWI credited promptly; the other legs missing. I bet a 100 bucks there is a bug in their IT systems which prevents the second leg from being counted.
Had to literally beg the agents until late Oct (6-8weeks) to credit the missing miles.
I'm with 9W/JP.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

So, over the past week, I've received more automated emails from them asking for my patience. Over the phone, they keep insisting that revenue domestic P tickets will not credit miles or tier points; we've had a discussion about the wordings on their earnings web-page which is now qualified with a " * "; my interpretation does not exclude revenue P will from miles/points but would love to hear what you guys think. Its basically going nowhere and I'm p*&&ed with, both, the retrospective bait and switch and the attitude + aptitude of the JP team.

I have given them ample opportunity to make things right - approx 20 days and several follow-ups via telephone and email; now that I'm up against the wall, I will take to social media and see where that goes.

I've had 2 flights with Vistara recently (refreshing change from 9W) and am looking to gradually take my business there as they expand their footprint. I drastically reduced international travel on Jet 2/3 years back; time to follow suit on domestic travel too.

Now that I have little need for Jet miles (given that I am giving up on them), what credit card would you good folks recommend? I currently use the HDFC Jet CC and the Amex plat; would love to substitute my HDFC Jet card for a card earning points on a different airline - or an airline agnostic card with good transfer ratios.
chuckiekwi likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Try and switch to the HDFC Diners Black, their 10x rewards programme is pretty amazing and likely to stay on course until 31st March 19.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anish
Try and switch to the HDFC Diners Black, their 10x rewards programme is pretty amazing and likely to stay on course until 31st March 19.
Thanks for the tip; I'll look into it. Although, I was hoping to retain either a MC or a Visa given that my other card is an Amex and Amex (and I'm assuming Diners) still has acceptance issues at many merchants/restaurants.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chuckiekwi
I flew KWI-BOM-HYD P class on 05-Nov; miles, tier points and bonus miles promptly credited for KWI-BOM leg. Will mail and see what they respond for BOM-HYD leg.
I flew the same route twice in Sep / Oct this year, each time same story . KWI-BOM / BOM-KWI credited promptly; the other legs missing. I bet a 100 bucks there is a bug in their IT systems which prevents the second leg from being counted.
Had to literally beg the agents until late Oct (6-8weeks) to credit the missing miles.
I'm with 9W/JP.
Do keep us updated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.