Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Best *A and OW programs for India based flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetPrivilege Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, OW Enrich Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Taj Innercircle Gold

Folks,
I am sure someone somewhere has answered this. What is the best program for *A and OW if you are based in India

My travel is 5-7 times a year to US on J (I take United or AI because mostly to NYC), 5-7 times a year to EU/SEA again in J (prefer LH for EU, SQ for SEA and CX/JAL for east Asia) and anywhere 50-75 domestic flights (combination of eco and business).

*A: I am Maharaja on AI, carry a AI-SBI card and use that as primary card....approx. 750K points on card + AI account
OW: I have largely used MH (because I used to be based in KL) but have downgarded to Silver/Ruby now

Are these the best choices? What can I optimize further?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
UA and CX based on all the information you’ve shared. You can still do east Asia with SQ, TH, NH, BR and OZ if you want to stick to *A.

Alternatively you can move out of OW and go to ST instead and credit your 9W domestic and east Asia flights to DL traveling with KL and GA and the rest to *A. You’ll lose your 9W status and that might be worth something to you.

Definitely move out of AI though. You’re just wasting your FFP miles unless you use the AI-SBI card to buy AI tickets. Transfer your miles to your AI account, throw it away and get a better card.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Oct 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i gave up on one world a long time ago....if you are based in india then i would suggest skyteam as a better option because you can credit all your 9w flights to dl....

my travel patterns are similar to yours....i travel to the u.s. 7-8 times a year, to europe 6-7 times a year & to the u.a.e. & singapore about 5-6 times a year....i also have around 60+ domestic flights every year within india....all my international travel is in business while the domestic travel in a combination of economy & business....i have been using dl, klm & af for all my u.s. & european travel....for domestic & international flight to the u.a.e & singapore, i have been using a combination of 9w & ai....this gives me maharajah status with ai & diamond status with dl....both good for top status with star alliance & skyteam....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.