FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   9W - Baggage allowance domestic J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1933934-9w-baggage-allowance-domestic-j.html)

Hoias Oct 4, 2018 2:03 pm

9W - Baggage allowance domestic J

I will fly 9W domestic in business class next week.

9W website says 2 pcs baggage allowance, 15 kg each.
This would be really inconvenient bcs I would have to split my +/- 20 kg into 2 bags.

Can someone confirm if it is actually 15 kg max for each bag? Or is 30 kg one bag also ok?

Also having EY Platinum status and EY Guest Homepage says extra 2x 25kg for Platinum travelling in J. But from past experiences at small local Indian airports the check in agents won’t have this information and won’t be able/willing to check...

thanks in advance

Keyser Oct 5, 2018 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Hoias (Post 30279407)
But from past experiences at small local Indian airports the check in agents won’t have this information and won’t be able/willing to check...

which small local indian airport are you flying out from????

Hoias Oct 5, 2018 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 30281332)
which small local indian airport are you flying out from????

Will fly from Jodhpur JDH in a 737.

And in the past it was always a long discussion about extra KGs which I should get bcs of EY Platinum status.

But I have not used 9W since their baggage enhancements this summer.

Thanks

Anish Oct 5, 2018 8:03 am

Carry a printout of the EY benefits page and ask to speak with a supervisor if there's an issue. But to answer your question, yes it is 15 x 2. Anything above 15 will be charged excess for that bag.

Keyser Oct 5, 2018 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Anish (Post 30281968)
Carry a printout of the EY benefits page and ask to speak with a supervisor if there's an issue.

yup....this is what i would do....

Hoias Oct 10, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks for your replies Anish/Keyser.

Today I flew from DEL to JDH and did bring a printout of the EY website and was prepared for discussion. My luggage was 25kg.
But to my (positive) surprise they did not say anything, just checked it in without a word.

In a few days I will fly back from JDH, will see how they will do at an outstation.

Anyway, the day before 9W managed to destroy my brand new 2 week old Rimowa Aluminium E-Tag Topas Suitcase and it took almost 2 hrs to get a damaged baggage report from them!
In the end they offered INR 1500 compensation for a broken locker and totally bended suitcase or I should send an email and complain. The retail price is EUR 1050,- and of course I declined their compensation offer. After this experience I am not looking forward to the claim process...

Keyser Oct 11, 2018 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Hoias (Post 30300385)
Anyway, the day before 9W managed to destroy my brand new 2 week old Rimowa Aluminium E-Tag Topas Suitcase and it took almost 2 hrs to get a damaged baggage report from them!
In the end they offered INR 1500 compensation for a broken locker and totally bended suitcase or I should send an email and complain. The retail price is EUR 1050,- and of course I declined their compensation offer. After this experience I am not looking forward to the claim process...

don't expect much from them in terms of compensation for damaged luggage....this is another in a long line of reasons why i have stopped flying with them....a few years ago i picked up my tumi suitcase from baggage claim to notice that my lock had been damaged....there was so much damage that the combination wouldn't work....i'm just surprised how they managed to do this....they offered me inr 500 compensation as they claimed that is how much it would cost to replace the lock....