Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI Mera Parivar or how to easily steal personal data

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold

Finally AI has launched their family miles pooling plan and yes of course it's a botched job.

How it works:
1. You have to create a "Mera Parivar" or "Join a Parivar"
2. Decide on what % of points the HOF (100, 75, 50) and members get (0, 25, 50). Do all the members get the same %? Probably.
3. You put in member's FFP# and hey presto you get their Name, DOB, and Passport# !!! Did anyone in AI go through any privacy, data security, GDPR, training? Anyone? And you can try it for yourself... enter random (or known) 9 digit combinations... have fun stealing personal data courtesy AI
3. Confirm the member if you're not there just to steal personal information
4. I guess there is some sort verification/validation that's done and then they're active
5. Largely similar process if you're adding yourself as a member to a "Parivar"
6. Anyone added to a parivar is stuck there for a year!

And how it's stupid:
1. I still can't get over the fact that you can get pretty much anyone's DOB and Passport # from this site! I'm not sure why AI is not sharing the Aadhaar and PAN information but I guess that's a V 2.0 release
2. You can only take a fixed % of miles into the family pool account. Well that's incredibly stupid too. Why won't all the miles just accumulate in the HOF OR in the member's account and HOF can take whatever miles he/she wants into the family pool. Why is it a fixed % set for eternity? Why oh why!
3. What about miles already in the member's account? Is there a way to move those into the pool? I didn't see a way to do that as yet

I was looking forward to pooling my wife's miles into my AI account so that we can better use them. I was hoping for a simpler program but it was too much to ask.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Sep 27, 2018 at 6:14 am
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this seems similar to what emirates have for their family pooling (minus the data stealing bit)....you can't add the miles you already have in your account but can only pool a percentage of miles you will earn in the future after you have joined the family pool....very stupid....
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
9W's family pool is so so so much better. Why couldn't they just copy that!
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
9W's family pool is so so so much better. Why couldn't they just copy that!
because this is ai....doing things the right way goes against their nature....
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:28 pm

Incredible India! It should be a system where you put in the ID information of your family member and the system matches with the back-end data (not shown to you). But of course, being AI, they will give you the ID data first.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leonidas
Incredible India! It should be a system where you put in the ID information of your family member and the system matches with the back-end data (not shown to you). But of course, being AI, they will give you the ID data first.
they should have made it simple like ba & 9w has done....you enter the frequent flyer number of the member you want to add & an email goes to that member on their registered email id asking for permission to be added to the family pool....when the member clicks on the link to give permission then their details appear on the family pool....
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so they seem to have fixed the data stealing issue....now they only disclose limited information when you enter the frequent flyer number of the member....they have also fixed the issue of accumulating all the existing miles of the members....once you add a member then all the miles in their account are added to the household total....
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by Keyser
so they seem to have fixed the data stealing issue....now they only disclose limited information when you enter the frequent flyer number of the member....they have also fixed the issue of accumulating all the existing miles of the members....once you add a member then all the miles in their account are added to the household total....
Are they reading my rants? Will they fire the entire AI leadership team next!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Remember ICLP/Collinson runs AI's FFP for them @:-)
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Yes but Collinson also runs SQ, QR, SN, VX, CX and a million more FFPs. None of them seem to have as clueless policies, implementations and processes as AI does. I mean look at AI's FFP portal... I don't think the people who designed that portal have ever flown before.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ICLP was only recently acquired by Conlinson...!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
ICLP was only recently acquired by Conlinson...!
I think ICPL was a Collionson brand that got rebranded under the main brand recently along with other Collinson entities like PP, LoungeKey etc.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:26 am
Original Poster

So I did this.... and the process worked almost flawlessly except for a couple of failed login links and a statement saying - AI will charge a fee from all folks joining the parviar including the HOF - funnily enough they failed to mention what the fee is!

So after going through my statement it seems like they’ve deducted 1122 & 122 miles! That seems like an absurdly high arbitrary price for linking 2 people to a family account. I know it’s standard practice for most airlines to charge for this... but looks like it is quite high.

And I can confirm all the miles from the members go into the HOF’s account automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.