FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Air India returned funds in my credit card out of no where (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1932488-air-india-returned-funds-my-credit-card-out-no-where.html)

sunbab Sep 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Air India returned funds in my credit card out of no where

I purchased air india tickets from Canada to new Delhi leaving in 30 days. My flight is confirmed and seats are reserved. Today I was checking my bank account and I see they have returned the total amount to my Visa debit account. I checked my flight status and everything is confirmed and even called air india and everything is normal on their end. So what is going on?

Often1 Sep 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Only AI can answer that.

The worry here is that when AI audits the transaction and realizes that there is an add/collect, it cancels the ticket rather than contacting you for payment. I would push AI a bit harder to figure out what the refund is for.

sunbab Sep 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 30245175)
Only AI can answer that.

The worry here is that when AI audits the transaction and realizes that there is an add/collect, it cancels the ticket rather than contacting you for payment. I would push AI a bit harder to figure out what the refund is for.

But it is clearly their mistake not mine. I called and the customer service representative said everything looks normal on their end. But i am also worried if they cancel my flights without telling me.

Keyser Sep 26, 2018 9:11 am

Originally Posted by sunbab (Post 30245383)
But it is clearly their mistake not mine. I called and the customer service representative said everything looks normal on their end. But i am also worried if they cancel my flights without telling me.

most of the time it is air india's mistake but that still won't stop them from doing what they want to do....this is the most customer unfriendly airline i have ever come across in my life....push them to figure out what happened....

sunbab Sep 26, 2018 9:14 am

I called them twice and both time they said everything is normal from their end and to call the company i used to book the airline with. I called the company i used which is BudgetAir and they said everything is normal from their end. Air India is the one who processed the payment.

Keyser Sep 26, 2018 10:23 am

Originally Posted by sunbab (Post 30247834)
I called them twice and both time they said everything is normal from their end and to call the company i used to book the airline with. I called the company i used which is BudgetAir and they said everything is normal from their end. Air India is the one who processed the payment.

write to them both & see if they can send you back anything in writing....

SeeBuyFly Sep 26, 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by sunbab (Post 30245383)
But i am also worried if they cancel my flights without telling me.

Yes, they will. It is quite unlikely that you will get a free flight.

sunbab Sep 26, 2018 8:24 pm

So I talked to a manager in Air India who emailed me saying the following:

"Looks like your ticket was issued from an online travel agent and he might have mistakenly refunded the amount. Your payment was never process or refunded by Air India, the transaction happened between you and the travel agency. We will not able to comment on what the travel agent would do with your booking since he has refunded the money by mistake. We suggest if you can get in touch with your travel agent directly. "

The online travel agent i bought the tickets from is Budget Air who unfortunately doesn't have good reviews online now that i researched them. I will call them again tomorrow and try to get some answers but I am very worried that they will end up cancelling my flight at the last moment and leave me in a difficult situation.

Manager Midwest Sep 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Sir,
Is it possible to get further details on your bookin, so that we can resolve the issue for you. Please feel free to write to me on [email protected] and provide booking details.
regards

Originally Posted by sunbab (Post 30245059)
I purchased air india tickets from Canada to new Delhi leaving in 30 days. My flight is confirmed and seats are reserved. Today I was checking my bank account and I see they have returned the total amount to my Visa debit account. I checked my flight status and everything is confirmed and even called air india and everything is normal on their end. So what is going on?

Manager Midwest Sep 26, 2018 10:38 pm

Kindly provide further details on your booking on mail ID [email protected]

PiperAtGatesofDawn Sep 26, 2018 10:39 pm

Wow... that’s a hugely risky thing.

What was your routing & pricing? Did you get any huge discounts etc. or maybe do some kind of illegal routing on the ticket which the OTA might have patched together? Or maybe it was a fraud alert for a high value transaction on a foreign debit card. Who knows.

You should see as to how you can pay that money to them again. As long as the money is returned to you they will be easily able to cancel the ticket any time.

Getting something from them in writing today is not very useful because as of date the ticket might be booked. But it’s not a guarantee for tomorrow or the day after.

Anish Sep 27, 2018 12:30 am

Honestly I would consider this a warning sign and just rebook with a trusted travel agent or directly with the airline.

EcoB Sep 27, 2018 12:35 am

Originally Posted by sunbab (Post 30245059)

Request your revert with the booking reference in order check the payment status

deovrat Sep 27, 2018 5:02 am

Its not a good idea to ask OP to share his booking reference number publicly..

PiperAtGatesofDawn Sep 27, 2018 5:31 am

Also share the debit card details including card number, CVV and expiry please. :)