Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet baggage allowance on mixed class itineraries

Old Sep 11, 18, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I'm looking to book a trip from LHR - DEL - KTM and back using VS miles on Jet Airways flights. I can get business on both sectors on the way out, but on the way back award availability is for economy on KTM - DEL and then business or first on DEL - LHR.

On the KTM - DEL economy sector, will I just get one free bag? Or will I get the 2/3 bags from the DEL - LHR sector allowance? I can't find anything definitive to confirm that the greater allowance would apply to all sectors (and yes, they would all be on the same PNR).

Many thanks for your help.
Old Sep 12, 18, 1:37 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Your LHR - DEL allowance will be your allowance for your entire itinerary if this is on a single PNR. 3x23 kgs.

That's because 9W baggage allowance for LHR-DEL sector is fixed depending on your point of origination. So your LHR-DEL-KTM & DEL-LHR will be @ 3x23kgs. By IATA rules and 9W's internal allowances they will allow you 3x23 on the KTM-DEL flight as well.
Old Sep 12, 18, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks you for the reply. I was hoping that would be the case.
Old Sep 12, 18, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've done del-bom-lhr-bom-del on 9w & vs a bunch of times....mostly the entire journey has been in business class but on a couple of occasions the del-bom-del sectors have been in economy....i have always received the higher business class baggage allowance....

Search this Thread