FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Miles for KL2970 - Thalys train codeshared by KLM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1925001-miles-kl2970-thalys-train-codeshared-klm.html)

kartoon Aug 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Miles for KL2970 - Thalys train codeshared by KLM

Hi everyone.

I travelled from Brussels Midi to Mumbai via Amsterdam by Jet Airways / KLM. While the miles for my second leg (flight from Amsterdam->Mumbai) have been credited to my JetPrivilege account, the miles for the first leg of my journey are not credited. It was a Thalys train arranged/codeshared by KLM (KL2970) and part of my itinerary. Jet has said that it was a train journey and so, they cannot credit miles for it. KLM has said that they have no say in other airlines' policies. But, I have read online that we can get miles credited for this train as well, if we submit the proof (which I did). Does anyone have experience claiming miles for such a train journey arranged by KLM?

Thanks!

PiperAtGatesofDawn Aug 13, 2018 2:39 pm

You won't earn miles for the train journey.

Code sharing with KLM is not a good enough reason to earn miles with 9W. Forget trains there may be several airlines that code share with KLM for which 9W will not give you any miles.

kartoon Aug 14, 2018 12:31 am

Thank you for your reply, Piper.

In this thread on flyertalk it is said that miles can be earned on this train.
(I m unable to post the URL. Please google the following.)
"Are miles earned on Thalys train with KL flight number from Antwerp - Amsterdam?"

So, can I earn miles only with KLM FFP and not JetPrivilege for this train journey?

Thanks!

PiperAtGatesofDawn Aug 14, 2018 2:28 am

That is correct.

The best you can do is raise a retroactive claim for the train journey through your FB account and see if they are willing to credit those miles there. It's a very very slim chance that they will be willing to credit part of a journey, but it will be a small number of miles so it's not a big loss.

Keyser Aug 14, 2018 2:43 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn (Post 30080371)
That is correct.

The best you can do is raise a retroactive claim for the train journey through your FB account and see if they are willing to credit those miles there. It's a very very slim chance that they will be willing to credit part of a journey, but it will be a small number of miles so it's not a big loss.

it shouldn't be a problem....i have had miles credited to different programs for a one way journey that involved 2 different airlines....klm should be able to credit the miles for the train journey very easily....

PiperAtGatesofDawn Aug 14, 2018 2:53 am

Yups depends on the airlines... some refuse to do it. Some do it when they see that that part of the journey has not been credited. It's good to know that KLM does that.