Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 1:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No the Hindujas want to meddle.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/69420459.cms
Old May 21, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sounds like the tax payers will have to pay parts of the restructuring........
Old May 22, 2019, 5:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by HMPS
Sounds like the tax payers will have to pay parts of the restructuring........
The Hindujas, much like some other big industrial families in India, probably don't want to end up going the way of the Kingfisher-owning family headline name.

They aren't likely to jump into this situation without the government having their back in a big way -- with that backing ultimately involving the Indian public picking up the tab for the banks' non-performing assets related to 9W.

The election in India is more or less over, so why would the government decide to help out the Hindujas or anyone else to help bring 9W back to life in any major way?
Old May 23, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The Hindujas, much like some other big industrial families in India, probably don't want to end up going the way of the Kingfisher-owning family headline name.

They aren't likely to jump into this situation without the government having their back in a big way -- with that backing ultimately involving the Indian public picking up the tab for the banks' non-performing assets related to 9W.

The election in India is more or less over, so why would the government decide to help out the Hindujas or anyone else to help bring 9W back to life in any major way?
Politics make strange bedfellows !
Old May 25, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/69497370.cms

Looks like someone has been learning from their mistakes
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Anish

Very interesting, Chickens are coming home to roost !

Any explanation for yanking them out ?
Old May 26, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HMPS
Very interesting, Chickens are coming home to roost !

Any explanation for yanking them out ?
It was a Jet code share ticket?
Anish and ukdoctor like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
It was a Jet code share ticket?
That takes the cake !
Old May 26, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Originally Posted by Anish

😃 May be they both were on the way to attend a post-collapse lesson learnt session with Mallya
Old May 30, 2019, 5:48 pm

Cancellation didn't affect me.

My ticket was booked through an agent, for a return journey from an European city to Bangalore. The ticketing and marketing carrier was KLM, and the operating carrier was Jet Airways. I finished my onward journey. Later, the Jet Airways cancelled its operations. When I heard about the Jet Airways' operations suspension, I contacted KLM immediately when my schedule was rerouted through Paris instead of Amsterdam.

Earlier, only Jet Airways was serving Bangalore to/from Amsterdam; so there was no option of rerouting my journey through Amsterdam after Jet Airways collapse. The only other way was to reroute my journey via Paris through Air France flight; the AF serves Paris to/from Bangalore. As KLM and AF are merged partners operating as a single company, it wasn't a big issue for me to get rerouted via Paris through AF flight. Also, I got my rerouted ticket for the same day as my return journey on my original booking. Only thing I had to bear was calling them immediately after the news of Jet Airways' operations suspension and spending about 30 min on the call to speak to KLM personnel, who took just 5 min to resolve the issue.

Another good news is that KLM is starting Amsterdam Bangalore flights from Oct end of 2019. Link here.

Last edited by mcgiw; Jun 4, 2019 at 5:10 pm Reason: Added link for KLM BLR route
Old May 31, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by mcgiw
My ticket was booked through an agent, for a return journey from an European city to Bangalore. The ticketing and marketing carrier was KLM, and the operating carrier was Jet Airways. I finished my onward journey. Later, the Jet Airways cancelled its operations. When I heard about the Jet Airways' operations suspension, I contacted KLM immediately when my schedule was rerouted through Paris instead of Amsterdam.

Earlier, only Jet Airways was serving Bangalore to/from Amsterdam; so there was no option of rerouting my journey through Amsterdam after Jet Airways collapse. The only other way was to reroute my journey via Paris through Air France flight; the AF serves Paris to/from Bangalore. As KLM and AF are merged partners operating as a single company, it wasn't a big issue for me to get rerouted via Paris through AF flight. Also, I got my rerouted ticket for the same day as my return journey on my original booking. Only thing I had to bear was calling them immediately after the news of Jet Airways' operations suspension and spending about 30 min on the call to speak to KLM personnel, who took just 5 min to resolve the issue.

Another good news is that KLM is starting Amsterdam Bangalore flights from Oct end of 2019.
Welcome to FT.
You were not effected as the ticketing & marketing carrier was KLM which has the responsibility to get you to your destination. Good that it was seamless for you.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Welcome to FT.
You were not effected as the ticketing & marketing carrier was KLM which has the responsibility to get you to your destination. Good that it was seamless for you.
I don't know if I'm wrong technically or legally. But, I have heard instances of people having denied any assistance from ticketing carrier when the operating carrier has gone bust. They were told the responsibility was with the operating carrier.
Also to note, the EU 240/2006 wouldn't been in favour of me had KLM rejected my request for rerouting. Whatsoever, I consider it was my day.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
I don't know if I'm wrong technically or legally. But, I have heard instances of people having denied any assistance from ticketing carrier when the operating carrier has gone bust. They were told the responsibility was with the operating carrier.
Also to note, the EU 240/2006 wouldn't been in favour of me had KLM rejected my request for rerouting. Whatsoever, I consider it was my day.
From my limited knowledge, ticket issuing catrier is responsible to get you from origin to destination incase of irrops or any issues with operating carrier as they have/had the tie up with that carrier.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:27 am

Smile

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
From my limited knowledge, ticket issuing catrier is responsible to get you from origin to destination incase of irrops or any issues with operating carrier as they have/had the tie up with that carrier.
Thank you. I shall update myself.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Another good news is that KLM is starting Amsterdam Bangalore flights from Oct end of 2019.
Not just KLM, Etihad, Air france BA & Virgin et all has increased their lucrative LHR-DEL & BOM / BLR schedules last month by raking on 9W's voided-schedules on these routes.
Like they say, every loss is an opportunity to make profit for someone else.
Sadly, this airline is most likely not going to touch the clouds again.

Last edited by flyby747; Jun 4, 2019 at 3:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.