Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If Jet goes under other airlines will not transport you on a Jet issued ticket. The credit card you used to purchase the ticket will refund you the charges. Check if your card has any travel interruption coverage.
Thanks for the response.
Do you mean, the credit card will refund the charge even if they don't provide any feature like this? Will this come under service not delivered category? This ticket was booked with Amex Gold issued in US and it does not have any travel interruption coverage (only misplaced baggage coverage).
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:15 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes Amex will refund when the devices were not rendered.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes Amex will refund when the devices were not rendered.
Thanks you for letting me know. Will check more on this in their specific forum to know the process considering Jet going down has a high probability with lala not wanting to leave .
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold
I really hope 9W is still flying in 3.5 weeks.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I hope they are tomorrow!

But with the money on the table from EY it’s extremly unlikely they’ll go under. It’s just a matter of Mr. Goyal & EY reaching some kind of agreement on NG’s exit from 9W.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I hope they are tomorrow!

But with the money on the table from EY its extremly unlikely theyll go under. Its just a matter of Mr. Goyal & EY reaching some kind of agreement on NGs exit from 9W.
i think etihad will finally get him to exit....they just have to figure out the right incentive to get it done....
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yes they will. Either he will hold out till there is absolutely no choice for him and or the other investors, employees, an the govt. throw him out.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:59 pm

The more I read, the more hopeful I am that the airline will still be operational in 3 weeks.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:26 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some decision expected this week: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/67617546.cms
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
One step closer - https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/67633378.cms
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
For some reason going through 9W website I am unable to book any day time flights between AMD-BOM as they appear ‘sold out’ for the next 3 weeks & beyond....

While, just received an booking alert that the late evening 9W/AF AMD-BOM codeshare flight 9W330 for March stands cancelled....

Not good...

Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by LH757
For some reason going through 9W website I am unable to book any day time flights between AMD-BOM as they appear ‘sold out’ for the next 3 weeks & beyond....

While, just received an booking alert that the late evening 9W/AF AMD-BOM codeshare flight 9W330 for March stands cancelled....

Not good...

They have been doing major route consolidation for the last few months. But I'm still seeing 3-5 flights per day in March. They should be able to re-accomodate you quite easily.

Also seeing flights for the first 2 weeks in Feb. So I don't know why you're not seeing that.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 24, 2019 at 12:30 am
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:11 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by LH757
For some reason going through 9W website I am unable to book any day time flights between AMD-BOM as they appear sold out for the next 3 weeks & beyond....

Not good...
Are you sure you are not looking at times on the days when the BOM airport runway is closed for repairs?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
No clue on RWY repair, but received booking alert from AF/KL regarding INVOL CHNG (rebooked to earlier flight ex. AMD) increasing BOM layover to 7+ hours.....

Last edited by LH757; Jan 24, 2019 at 6:51 am
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:38 am

Sounds like it's due to runway repairs.

https://www.timesnownews.com/busines...-repair/347093

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.