Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by LH757
No clue on RWY repair, but received booking alert from AF/KL regarding INVOL CHNG (rebooked to earlier flight ex. AMD) increasing BOM layover to 7+ hours.....
That's down to runway repairs. Flight times have changed on BA as well. Looked up EK and they've removed one of their BOM service which conflicts with runway closure.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by deepism
What I don't understand is why 9W is in such state. They are always expensive than other flights ( At least by 500 bucks on BOM- DEL sector ). Their flight is always full as well. Then what's the reason they are still not performing as well as the competition.
On international sector also the same story, more expensive than others and full flights (at least in J).
Too many employees doing nothing ? Always amazes me how many employees are involved on the ground as compared to what we see in US & elsewhere ! I know labour is cheap but why the overkill ?
Also after a BDQ BOM flight last week, based on the ground service would rather go Indigo !
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, UK Silver, AA Silver
Originally Posted by HMPS
Too many employees doing nothing ? Always amazes me how many employees are involved on the ground as compared to what we see in US & elsewhere ! I know labour is cheap but why the overkill ?
Also after a BDQ BOM flight last week, based on the ground service would rather go Indigo !
For some reason I have always hated indigo. Mostly because of their attitude towards cabin baggage. I once just had a laptop bag, the standard size sling type. They still insisted they would weigh it. I had no check-in luggage or personal item. The logic is beyond beyond me. And did I mention their morbid obsession about checking everyone's id proof. Jet has never asked me one, and indigo has never disappointed me 😋
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
And did I mention their morbid obsession about checking everyone's id proof. Jet has never asked me one, and indigo has never disappointed me 😋
this is probably the only positive thing i would have to say about indigo....every airline should check id....
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
this is probably the only positive thing i would have to say about indigo....every airline should check id....
Will agree with you if the IDs had some remarks like Terrorist, potential threat, common man and so on...or if terrorists or other threats were not issued an ID...I dont know what this exercise achieves
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
They should absolutely check ids and they do this the world over. It’s very loosely implemented in India.

And they need to check ids to make sure the person who has bought the ticket is traveling and not someone else on their behalf. It does a many things such as:
1. Prevents TAs / OTAs from buying up tickets wholesale at very cheap rates and then reselling them at high rates to everyone. Like what used to happen with the railways
2. People on watch lists/no fly / interpol etc. lists can’t travel under fake names
3. Terrirorists and other threats are identified with a reasonable degree of certainty so that incase an incedent occurs law inforcement has some intial information to work with and so on
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:26 am
Original Poster

But doesn't the cisf checking of id and matching with the e-ticket taje care of all the above problem. Why do it again at the counter?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
But doesn't the cisf checking of id and matching with the e-ticket taje care of all the above problem. Why do it again at the counter?
Because CISF doesn’t validate the ticket. You have a printout or a mobile screen to show. You can show very easily show a different piece of paper at the terminal entrance.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ID checking on low cost airlines is for commercial reasons. ID checking with no fly lists is a fig leaf meant to placate irrational fears. If you have a good security checks....
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by oliver2002
ID checking on low cost airlines is for commercial reasons. ID checking with no fly lists is a fig leaf meant to placate irrational fears. If you have a good security checks....
I am at a loss here...are you saying the "havaldar-sipai" who looks at your proof of booking vs. ID at the terminal entrance can say whether one is on a No Fly list ? Never seen a computer there.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I dont know what this exercise achieves
it makes sure that the name on the ticket matches the name on the id....its a simple measure to check against fraud, terrorism, no fly lists, etc....
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HMPS
I am at a loss here...are you saying the "havaldar-sipai" who looks at your proof of booking vs. ID at the terminal entrance can say whether one is on a No Fly list ? Never seen a computer there.
not the havaldar-sipahi....we are talking about id checking at the check-in counter for the airline....
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:23 am

The Ravindra Gaikwad incident tells us that the airlines can do some no fly list checks with some level of complexity.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Opted for a full refund rather than the 7+ hour night layover at BOM. Feel sorry for the state 9W today is when compared to the first time I flew almost 21 years ago....think it was the 6AM BOM-BLR flight..

Last edited by LH757; Jan 25, 2019 at 12:54 pm
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by LH757
Opted for a full refund rather than the 7+ hour night layover at BOM. Feel sorry for the state 9W today is when compared to the first time I flew almost 21 years ago....think it was the 6AM BOM-BLR flight..
I fail to understand how IRROPS due to runway closure is the fault of the airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.