Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyby747
Not just KLM, Etihad, Air france BA & Virgin et all has increased their lucrative LHR-DEL & BOM / BLR schedules last month by raking on 9W's voided-schedules on these routes.
Like they say, every loss is an opportunity to make profit for someone else.
Sadly, this airline is most likely not going to touch the clouds again.
Regarding increasing seat capacity for Europe to/from Bangalore, I have heard only from KLM and AF, the former introducing a new fleet and the later increasing the seat capacity of the exiting fleet. I haven't heard anything from Virgin, BA, etc.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Originally Posted by mcgiw
Regarding increasing seat capacity for Europe to/from Bangalore, I have heard only from KLM and AF, the former introducing a new fleet and the later increasing the seat capacity of the exiting fleet. I haven't heard anything from Virgin, BA, etc.
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8923611.html

Fyi, mcgiw👆
In the industry, the term is ‘juicy schedules’ - transfers used to happen more often during good old GDS days (between code share partners and their cash positions in FY to lease more assets) now the operators wait for bankruptcy (such as 9W’s) to take over.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:58 am

Smile

Originally Posted by flyby747

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8923611.html

Fyi, mcgiw👆
In the industry, the term is ‘juicy schedules’ - transfers used to happen more often during good old GDS days (between code share partners and their cash positions in FY to lease more assets) now the operators wait for bankruptcy (such as 9W’s) to take over.
Again no word about bangalore in your article posted. So, absolutely not helpful for me nor what I'm looking for as I'm biased about Bangalore schedules.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Smile

Originally Posted by mcgiw
Again no word about bangalore in your article posted. So, absolutely not helpful for me nor what I'm looking for as I'm biased about Bangalore schedules.
There may be good news for you/BLR too.

Qatar Airways has asked the Indian authorities to allow them to increase the number of seats on their flights to India. Qatar Airways has sought the addition of more seats on high volume routes such as Mumbai, New Delhi and Bangalore.
Source: https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors...ry/346818.html
mcgiw likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Most of the INT additions are from BOM & DEL. I don’t think BLR had too many INT destinations from 9W to begin with so not sure why there would be any serious capacity additions there.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Most of the INT additions are from BOM & DEL. I don’t think BLR had too many INT destinations from 9W to begin with so not sure why there would be any serious capacity additions there.
At the moment, BLR is one of the fastest growing airport. The second runway is about to start functioning by Sept 2019. The 2nd terminal is about to be functioning by 2 years (I guess, if my information is right). Indigo is making BLR as its second hub after DEL; contract is already signed for this. With such major infrastructural expansions being on track, and with the recent shutdown of the daily 9W flight to AMS, I was expecting some good additions to its international fleet.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Wrong thread for general BLR expansion discussions.

This thread covers the the 9W saga and fallout... .
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Wrong thread for general BLR expansion discussions.

This thread covers the the 9W saga and fallout... .
Thanks for bringing it back to topic...I hope !
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Suppliers drag Jet Airways to the bankruptcy court. If the petition gets admitted, I guess it will be the final nail in the coffin for Jet Airways.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/69718499.cms
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Looks like the final nail in the coffin - https://www.businesstoday.in/markets...ry/355087.html
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:14 pm

EY played the Ross & Rachel - will they won’t they... will they won’t they so much that you knew they weren’t really serious about saving 9W at all.

They’re been clinically dead for quite some time now. There’s only the legal process to get through. Management’s jumped ship... no knights in shinning armour in the distance... SBICAP still don’t know who has put in EOIs... the bidders don’t know whom they’ve bid with... it’s a comical tragedy.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:05 pm

EY played the Ross & Rachel - will they won’t they... will they won’t they so much that you knew they weren’t really serious about saving 9W at all.

They’re been clinically dead for quite some time now. There’s only the legal process to get through. Management’s jumped ship... no knights in shinning armour in the distance... SBICAP still don’t know who has put in EOIs... the bidders don’t know whom they’ve bid with... it’s a comical tragedy.
So employees who are owed Rs 3000 crores go pound sand ? Feel for them.

BTW did the Goyals leave India for LHR ?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
So employees who are owed Rs 3000 crores go pound sand ? Feel for them.

BTW did the Goyals leave India for LHR ?
Who doesn't feel for them? But at the end of the day they will pretty much have to go pound sand because because there's nothing anybody is going to do for them. It's very unfortunate because most corporations like ONGC and Citibank & HDFC and even SBI and the like won't get hurt by this... it's just the employees who earn 10-15k a month maybe less who will be hurt the most.

Naresh & Anita Goyal were prevented from flying to DXB on an EK flight in dramatic fashion - plane was called back while taxing for takeoff . So I assume they're in India and not going anywhere.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:05 pm

Who doesn't feel for them? But at the end of the day they will pretty much have to go pound sand because because there's nothing anybody is going to do for them. It's very unfortunate because most corporations like ONGC and Citibank & HDFC and even SBI and the like won't get hurt by this... it's just the employees who earn 10-15k a month maybe less who will be hurt the most.

Naresh & Anita Goyal were prevented from flying to DXB on an EK flight in dramatic fashion - plane was called back while taxing for takeoff . So I assume they're in India and not going anywhere.
With dharnas and morchas and satyagrah at the drop of a hat, the 9 W employees need t have a silent dharna at the Goyals' residence
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Everyone at Jet knew this was coming when the company defaulted on paying salaries last year. This was the point where people started looking elsewhere and left when they could. What remains are the rest that the industry has no interest in. Doing a sit in infront of anyones home is not really going to result in anything. Move on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.