Jet Going the Path of Kingfisher??

Reply

Old May 5, 19, 4:23 pm
  #496  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Posts: 9,786
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
So the idea is to generate 20k Cr by preselling tickets for 2500 each and stocks at 150 each (both tickets and stocks worth 0), employees will make their money and banks will recover from people who buy tickets and stocks on personal loan.

I think it's a great master plan to have citizens pay what Jet lost.
"Yes, there is a sucker born every minute "!
HMPS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 19, 10:54 pm
  #497  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Posts: 1,413
Did he or didn't he?

I'm finding this situation quite hilarious. Reports suggest that Goyal along with a nobody UK airline and some PE firms have apparently... Goyal's daughter denies it... 9W says they don't have a clue about who is bidding... I haven't seen a statement from SBI & gang yet.

Also equally funny was that Goyal said that he wanted to give 250 CR of his own money to save 9W. What's stopping him from doing that today? Help pay some more salaries!
PiperAtGatesofDawn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 19, 8:03 am
  #498  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Posts: 9,786
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
I'm finding this situation quite hilarious. Reports suggest that Goyal along with a nobody UK airline and some PE firms have apparently... Goyal's daughter denies it... 9W says they don't have a clue about who is bidding... I haven't seen a statement from SBI & gang yet.

Also equally funny was that Goyal said that he wanted to give 250 CR of his own money to save 9W. What's stopping him from doing that today? Help pay some more salaries!
We have to first understand that Goyal listens to only WII FM radio ! (I e What Is In It For Me ?
HMPS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 19, 12:37 pm
  #499  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Posts: 1,413
And then there is Mr. Jason Unsworth enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. After successfully having not launched his airline. He said he’s partnered with Goyal & Adi Group for the bid.

Now Adi Group has come out claiming that they have put in a separate bid and that they too aren’t involved with Jason and/or Goyal.

Do people bidding don’t know who they’re bidding with?
PiperAtGatesofDawn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 19, 7:13 pm
  #500  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Posts: 9,786
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
And then there is Mr. Jason Unsworth enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. After successfully having not launched his airline. He said heís partnered with Goyal & Adi Group for the bid.

Now Adi Group has come out claiming that they have put in a separate bid and that they too arenít involved with Jason and/or Goyal.

Do people bidding donít know who theyíre bidding with?
Making of a great Indian Serial ?
HMPS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 19, 7:14 pm
  #501  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Posts: 9,786
Duplicate deleted
HMPS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 19, 9:56 am
  #502  
gq_dq is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 19, 10:15 pm
  #503  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Posts: 1,413
That’s a weird bid by EY. They have bid by themselves to be a minority stakeholder. Why would they want to do that without knowing who the majority shareholder is and what kind of say/control they will have over the airline.

Also EY has apparently asked the banks to write-off 80% of their loans! It will be interesting to see what SBI & co thinks of that.
PiperAtGatesofDawn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 19, 2:49 am
  #504  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 88,060
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
Thatís a weird bid by EY. They have bid by themselves to be a minority stakeholder. Why would they want to do that without knowing who the majority shareholder is and what kind of say/control they will have over the airline.

Also EY has apparently asked the banks to write-off 80% of their loans! It will be interesting to see what SBI & co thinks of that.
EY may be playing a game to try to get going a Ponzi scheme of sort so as to enable it to reduce its loses from its exposure in 9W?
GUWonder is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 19, 4:16 pm
  #505  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Posts: 9,786
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
Thatís a weird bid by EY. They have bid by themselves to be a minority stakeholder. Why would they want to do that without knowing who the majority shareholder is and what kind of say/control they will have over the airline.

Also EY has apparently asked the banks to write-off 80% of their loans! It will be interesting to see what SBI & co thinks of that.
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post


EY may be playing a game to try to get going a Ponzi scheme of sort so as to enable it to reduce its loses from its exposure in 9W?
That would be diabolically clever....wonder what would it "cost" to get a decision like that ? !
HMPS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 19, 1:44 am
  #506  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 88,060
Originally Posted by HMPS View Post
That would be diabolically clever....wonder what would it "cost" to get a decision like that ? !
The Emiratesí money helps the Emirati powers to more or less buy off very senior foreign politicians even in places like the US and UK. [Follow the money and meeting habits of former senior politicians as it is a solid indicator of influence susceptibility.] Indian politicians and bureaucrats tend to be cheaper to buy in various ways, but they are also more expensive to buy in other ways.
HMPS likes this.
GUWonder is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 19, 2:55 am
  #507  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 36,750
The Abu Dhabi fund is already funding the NIIST... so its their own money...
oliver2002 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 2:55 am
  #508  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Posts: 1,413
4 CXOs - CEO Vinay Dube, CFO Amit Agarwal, Chief People Officer Rahul Taneja and Company Secretary Kuldeep Sharma - quit 9W yesterday. A really really shameful act no matter who did or didn't bid for the airlines last week. They really showed how little character and class they have. I hope the govt., SEBI and everybody else who can opens investigations into their actions or in-action over the last few months and makes their lives miserable for years to come.

All we saw and heard Dube do was blame SBI for not bailing them out. Never taking responsibility for anything. Just cried like a little girl.

Absolutely disgusting people.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; May 15, 19 at 7:12 am
PiperAtGatesofDawn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 7:42 pm
  #509  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Posts: 9,786
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
4 CXOs - CEO Vinay Dube, CFO Amit Agarwal, Chief People Officer Rahul Taneja and Company Secretary Kuldeep Sharma - quit 9W yesterday. A really really shameful act no matter who did or didn't bid for the airlines last week. They really showed how little character and class they have. I hope the govt., SEBI and everybody else who can opens investigations into their actions or in-action over the last few months and makes their lives miserable for years to come.

All we saw and heard Dube do was blame SBI for not bailing them out. Never taking responsibility for anything. Just cried like a little girl.

Absolutely disgusting people.
Like you say shows class & loyalty ! These going simultaneously may mean they are in talks with some people / company to resurrect an airline.....
HMPS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 10:07 pm
  #510  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Posts: 1,413
Originally Posted by HMPS View Post
These going simultaneously may mean they are in talks with some people / company to resurrect an airline.....
It's too early for that. Top leadership doesn't get removed before initial conversations have stared. Removing Goyal might be a pre-condition to talks.... removing the Company Secretary or HR Head cannot. They just saw that there were no serious bids last week and fled.
PiperAtGatesofDawn is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread