Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by DIDO2SPAC
This is what I am finding frustrating. They are just bouncing it off of themselves. I would gladly rebook the two India bound legs myself. I'll give it another 24 hours of persistence before I book all new itinerary. Thanks for your comments though.
You have no claim on Etihad whatsoever - you bought the ticket from Jet Airways.

Edited to Add: Make sure that Etihad will honor their own flights on the ticket, else the proposed Goa flights booked would be futile...
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
You have no claim on Etihad whatsoever - you bought the ticket from Jet Airways.

Edited to Add: Make sure that Etihad will honor their own flights on the ticket, else the proposed Goa flights booked would be futile...
I spoke to Etihad and they will honor the EY segments. I need to figure out how to remove the Jet bookings from the itinerary.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I am super confused if my overall booking is still intact after receiving this latest email.

Etihad won't provide assistance and refers me to Jet. I can't get in touch with Jet for obvious reasons.

Any thoughts?
Please be careful about posting personally identifiable information on this (or any) forum. You need to hide your PNR before posting these screenshots. I would suggest you remove them quickly.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Apr 18, 2019 at 10:41 pm
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by HMPS
HEY, Surely it was not OUR fault ! THEY denied us more loans as they did not want to throw good money after bad... So blame it on them. We the senior managers are comfortable, the rest of the troops can eat cake.
Yups all he cried about was not getting more funding. While he was promised that by the Chairman of SBI no less... now we know Rajnish Kumar’s words have no value... but still. That letter got zero sympathy from me.

Boohoo... I ran the company into a billion dollars of debt and nobody is bailing me out! A bad CEO.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

Please be careful about posting personally identifiable information on this (or any) forum. You need to hide your PNR before posting these screenshots. I would suggest you remove them quickly.

It's the largest font on that email and I didnt even notice!

I have removed it, if you could remove your quote of mine I would appreciate it.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

I have removed it, if you could remove your quote of mine I would appreciate it.
Next time. Don't put your confirmation number on the forums. It is best way to keep in private. They don't want see your confirmation number.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:32 pm

Now to the burning question of what to do with Jet-branded credit cards. I have an ICICI Sapphiro Jet card that I haven't used for years that I don't know what to do with. None of ICICI's other cards appeal enough to me to want to switch to them. What are people here who hold the HDFC Jet Diners, the Jet Amex etc doing?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
What are people here who hold the HDFC Jet Diners, the Jet Amex etc doing?
I have canceled my Jet Amex card. I also hold a HDFC Jet Visa card which I need to cancel. Does anyone know if HDFC allows customers to hold Infinia and DCB simultaneously?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by ajayr
I have canceled my Jet Amex card. I also hold a HDFC Jet Visa card which I need to cancel. Does anyone know if HDFC allows customers to hold Infinia and DCB simultaneously?
I don't think they do.
ajayr likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Now to the burning question of what to do with Jet-branded credit cards. I have an ICICI Sapphiro Jet card that I haven't used for years that I don't know what to do with. None of ICICI's other cards appeal enough to me to want to switch to them. What are people here who hold the HDFC Jet Diners, the Jet Amex etc doing?
Transfer your points to JP can get a new card. Try and buy a "any seat" ticket with them and hope JP doesn't sink before that.

Meanwhile get a new card. ICICI cards are generally awful value. Stan C, Citi & HDFC offer much better rewards.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Apr 19, 2019 at 1:59 am
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:49 am

I don't think they do.

Thanks, in that case, I will likely just cancel my HDFC Jet Visa as well.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:58 am

Heh... I thought I removed the image when I was responding... sorry. Have removed it now.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by ajayr

Thanks, in that case, I will likely just cancel my HDFC Jet Visa as well.
Talk to them before you do that. See if they're willing to split the limit across cards... Generally they refuse though.
ajayr likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:45 am

Transfer your points to JP can get a new card.
Not sure I understand.

I don't have any JP miles that haven't yet been transferred to my JP account. I do have a total of about 55k points in there overall (some 2000 points came in over the last couple of weeks, ironically, for some transactions made so long ago, I'd forgotten about them).

The credit limit I have on my Jet Sapphiro is split with the new ICICI Amazon card, which I got a few months ago and which I think I'll hold on to.

Already have a card each from Citi and HDFC.

I don't suppose ICICI will have the gall to bill me the membership fee for the Sapphiro if I don't cancel. You can never say, I suppose.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:02 am

I meant transfer your card points to JP AND THEN cancel your card and get a different one.

ICICI will of course not proactively cancel the card while JP is alive. They will charge you fees whatever those maybe.

55k miles would get you BOM - GOI return maybe on the JP 'any seat' program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.