Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways bankruptcy and rebirth 2.0

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Today, received an email from Jet stating that the last leg (AMS - DEL) is cancelled and to contact them for further details. They seem to show the PDX - AMS leg (on DL) still valid. Tried reaching their US toll free number, but that also does not work now !

Wondering if I should call Delta to check or directly call Amex to get the refund initiated. And any experiences on how the refund is computed, since now may possibly need to buy a OW which is nearly the price of a return flight.
Since the ticket is 9W stock, DL won’t be able to do much with it. I would suggest you cancel the ticket and buy a new one.

Not sure when your flight is but if it is after 9W sinks nobody is going to honor that ticket even the DL legs....

I don’t know how the credit card insurance works but that maybe an easier way to get your ticket refunded vs. getting it from 9W.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HMPS
Normally called chutzpah, cojones or a dark sense of humor !

Samsung 55" Smart UHD TV can be yours in 200 JPMiles!

Got this one today. Their JP dept is certainly firing on all cylinders.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, UK Silver, AA Silver
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

Since the ticket is 9W stock, DL won’t be able to do much with it. I would suggest you cancel the ticket and buy a new one.

Not sure when your flight is but if it is after 9W sinks nobody is going to honor that ticket even the DL legs....

I don’t know how the credit card insurance works but that maybe an easier way to get your ticket refunded vs. getting it from 9W.
I have got refunds for 2 separate tickets cancelled by Jet within 2 weeks. 2 miles redemption including tax components were also refunded in a week. Pleasantly surprised with Jet's promptness and my luck so far. In contrast, still waiting for an Air India refund after 6 weeks. Now I have just 3 more refunds to worry about while I think what to do with 100,000+ miles in my account. Any suggestions FTers?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by deepism
while I think what to do with 100,000+ miles in my account. Any suggestions FTers?
I need some suggestions too! Think only option is to redeem and fly in the next week or so.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I have got refunds for 2 separate tickets cancelled by Jet within 2 weeks. 2 miles redemption including tax components were also refunded in a week. Pleasantly surprised with Jet's promptness and my luck so far. In contrast, still waiting for an Air India refund after 6 weeks. Now I have just 3 more refunds to worry about while I think what to do with 100,000+ miles in my account. Any suggestions FTers?
It’s a hit & a miss with 9W. I think they’re paying some pax to keep the regulators happy and the overall masses not too upset. There are many complaining they haven’t received refunds.

Some newspaper estimated they have 3500 CR of refunds to give. And for sure 9W doesn’t have 3500 CR of cash lying around.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I need some suggestions too! Think only option is to redeem and fly in the next week or so.
Or buy the “Select Flight” awards at very poor value.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:53 pm

This has NOTHING to do with Jet Airways. Their frequent flyer program is owned and operated by a separate company.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Got this one today. Their JP dept is certainly firing on all cylinders.
Let me know when you buy it. I know a fellow who knows a fellow who can sell us the Taj Mahal. Only 20000 JP miles .^
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, UK Silver, AA Silver
Originally Posted by puchong
This has NOTHING to do with Jet Airways. Their frequent flyer program is owned and operated by a separate company.
Two of those transactions were revenue tickets. But both bookedby my corporate yatra.com team, which might have played a role.

I assume they would pay up their big TAs first, people buying directly at jet airways.com would be the last in pecking order. I might be wrong though.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
TAs can void the ticket and get the money refunded from the clearing agency (the clearing house usually holds the funds and disburses them once the flight is performed by the airline). Tickets booked directly are FUBAR if the airline goes bust.

In other news it seems AF/KL and Etihad are trying to accomodate passengers stranded on 9W flights.

The airline has nearly seized operations as the 1100 flight deck crews will stop working today.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The predicted end is near.

I will miss 9W but only because of nostalgia for what it used to be.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:53 am

9W pilots all 1100 of them are going on strike from 10 AM tomorrow. 1100 pilots and flying probably 20-30 flights a day. Doesn't look like SBI is going to give any more money to 9W.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The predicted end is near.

I will miss 9W but only because of nostalgia for what it used to be.
i will miss 9w for the mqm earnings that helped me reach diamond status with delta every year....
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:25 pm

Pilots strike cancelled. So all of 9Ws 5-6 aircrafts will be flying on Monday subject to IOC fueling them.

The pilots have deferred the strike due to the important meeting between management, SBI & pilots on Monday morning to discuss the fate of the airlines.

I’m guessing tomorrows the last day anyways... so there is little point in the strike.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Pilots strike cancelled. So all of 9Ws 5-6 aircrafts will be flying on Monday subject to IOC fueling them.

The pilots have deferred the strike due to the important meeting between management, SBI & pilots on Monday morning to discuss the fate of the airlines.

I’m guessing tomorrows the last day anyways... so there is little point in the strike.
So pilots will come off looking good, "we stayed till the company shut down".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.