Jet Airways EC261/2004 compensation

Old Jul 9, 18, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Jet Airways EC261/2004 compensation

Hi,

Has anyone ever submitted a claim for compensation under EC261/2004 for Jet Airways ? I may have a possible claim, just looking at anyone who has done it previously. They don't seem to have a specific form on their website, so is it just a matter of emailing all the relevant information ? Also, any sort of feedback in terms of was the claim accepted right away or was there a bit of back and forth. Also, how long did it take them to pay out after the claim was accepted.

I shall be calling JetAirways in a day or two, but just wanted to get any sort of feedback from this forum if anyone has been through this
Old Jul 10, 18, 3:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold, BA oik, TK pleb, EY Hoi Polloi
Well it's a legal requirement assuming it was a flight originating from an eligable European Destination (I'm guessing you're referrring to 9W 115 from LHR here per your other post) and it arrived suitably late (3hrs+), and was for a reason within the airlines control.

But I've only ever had long delays the other way (India to Europe) which on non-EU carriers like Jet, aren't eligible, so I'm not going to be any help on this one unfortunately. Someone else might have, but this isn't a particularly busy forum here on FT.
Old Jul 10, 18, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i know someone who did so....i can ask him for more information....

in the meantime some more information from you might help....what was the route & was the flight cancelled or delayed or were you denied boarding????

edit:

found the information in the other thread....flight was delayed but did you find out the reason for the delay????

Last edited by Keyser; Jul 10, 18 at 4:24 am Reason: found the information in the other thread....
Old Jul 10, 18, 8:37 am
Original Poster

The flight was 9W 115, the reason was technical fault. No further information besides that. It was most likely an airline issue since we had to switch aircraft at LHR. The route was LHR-BOM. The delay was 4 hours so should be eligible for the full EUR 600.
Old Jul 24, 18, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Well, for future reference the way to claim compensation is to email guestrelations@jetairways.com

They were quick to respond and confirm compensation, need to email them bank details, etc. Now the wait begins to see the actual funds in my account, but overall good service :-)
Old Jul 24, 18, 11:58 pm

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the data point, please keep us posted with the progress on the refund.
AJLondon and Bioflyer like this.
Old Jul 29, 18, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by JamesKidd View Post
Well, for future reference the way to claim compensation is to email guestrelations@jetairways.com

They were quick to respond and confirm compensation, need to email them bank details, etc. Now the wait begins to see the actual funds in my account, but overall good service :-)
Sorry for the delayed response but I went through this process. Took me a total of 60 days but overall, it went through smoothly.
Old Oct 24, 18, 5:13 am
Original Poster

To complete this thread - Jet Airways finally paid up, took them roughly 90 days from acknowledgement. I did have to chase them every few weeks and ended up threatening them with MCOL.
Old Oct 24, 18, 7:22 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by JamesKidd View Post
To complete this thread - Jet Airways finally paid up, took them roughly 90 days from acknowledgement. I did have to chase them every few weeks and ended up threatening them with MCOL.

Good for you man!!!

Search this Thread