Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Adding non-AI FF number to AI booking ?

Adding non-AI FF number to AI booking ?

Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems AI cannot access the *A database to verify the status of the passenger, hence the entry is only allowed at the checkin desk. That said, the FFP field is most certainly mapped between all GDS.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by NoviceFT
wow....just wow. have you already flown the segment in AI and did they accept your UA FF number
Not flown.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems AI cannot access the *A database to verify the status of the passenger, hence the entry is only allowed at the checkin desk. That said, the FFP field is most certainly mapped between all GDS.
I used to put in my (and my employees') UA FF# each time and then verify with the AI call center - everything worked fine then.

I have no idea what is going on now - except that "senior (AI) management" has now initiated this instruction to the AI call center as I am informed today.. (Call center supervisor advised/confirmed this)
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by NoviceFT
wow....just wow. have you already flown the segment in AI and did they accept your UA FF number
They accept it at check-in. I recently flew AI from COK and used my SQ FFP#. They didn't have any trouble at the check-in counter... still AI being AI... the lady checking me in had to go confer with her colleagues if as a SQ *G I get a +1 in the lounge.

I forgot to test this at the BOM kiosks on my way out. Would like to see if it works there.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
But they could access it before. And I don't think any airline verifies status till check-in or at least T-24. Wonder if anything changed system-wise or is it just more clueless bungling leadership.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:36 pm

I bought a ticket few days ago directly from AI website. The website did have a dropout menu option for adding my UA FFP#. However, the ticket confirmation which then came by email didn't show any FFP#.

It now doesn't show when I load the booking on AI website, but shows on the AI app (with my UA status).
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by leonidas
I bought a ticket few days ago directly from AI website. The website did have a dropout menu option for adding my UA FFP#. However, the ticket confirmation which then came by email didn't show any FFP#.

It now doesn't show when I load the booking on AI website, but shows on the AI app (with my UA status).
don't worry about it....if you entered it at the time of booking then it will be there....just make sure they put it on your boarding pass when you are checking in....
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:34 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I figured out a way to add the non AI number using the firebug replacement in Firefox. Will let you know if it worked in March.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:31 am

I figured out a way to add the non AI number using the firebug replacement in Firefox. Will let you know if it worked in March.
No bugs required. AI has gone back to allowing you to enter other airlines FFP details at the time of booking. I don't have an active booking with them so I can't check if they allow you to add it to an existing reservation. I suspect they would now (but with AI there's no telling!).
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:56 am

Had an existing booking from an OTA (via.com) which didn't give me a non-AI option. Went to ai.com to update the booking with FFP details and the system didn't give me a non-ai option. Looked at the code behind the ai.com form when making a new booking and saw the table behind the drop down (which shows non-AI options). If you force those codes in the update form the non-ai option sticks.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:21 am

Recently booked an Air India ticket online on the official Air India website. When I go to manage my booking, the option to add a non-AI FF number does not exist (no AI FF number was provided during the online booking or added later). I called the call center three times and all three times, the reps expressed the inability to add a non-AI FF number.

Is there any solution? (apart from requesting this as check-in)
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
Recently booked an Air India ticket online on the official Air India website. When I go to manage my booking, the option to add a non-AI FF number does not exist (no AI FF number was provided during the online booking or added later). I called the call center three times and all three times, the reps expressed the inability to add a non-AI FF number.

Is there any solution? (apart from requesting this as check-in)
Nope. No other solution.

You'll have to add it during check-in.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Had an existing booking from an OTA (via.com) which didn't give me a non-AI option. Went to ai.com to update the booking with FFP details and the system didn't give me a non-ai option. Looked at the code behind the ai.com form when making a new booking and saw the table behind the drop down (which shows non-AI options). If you force those codes in the update form the non-ai option sticks.
can you provide some instructions on how to do this? please pm me if that's what you prefer.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Nope. No other solution.

You'll have to add it during check-in.
Can it be added during online check-in or it has to be done physically at the airport?

also, can they miles be claimed after the flight on United.com?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by hokiebuy
can you provide some instructions on how to do this? please pm me if that's what you prefer.
In Firefox you can start an editor mode if you press ctrl+shift+c. Click on the editor and then select the drop down boxes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.