Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

9W 115 possibly delayed by few hours - reasons ?

Old Jul 8, 18, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Anyone have any insight into delays ? The crew don't seem to bother with information and the flight deck has gone radio silent.

I've got a 10am meeting in Mumbai tomorrow, though to be fair there isn't any alternative flight besides the 9:20pm which still means I miss the 10am meeting

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 18, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Are you on the plane? Is your best bet not to call 9W? If there is no alternative, what information are you looking for? Not trying to be obtuse, just wondering how we can help...
Old Jul 8, 18, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The flight took off at 21:19 and will arrive later than the meeting for the OP.
Old Jul 9, 18, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
Are you on the plane? Is your best bet not to call 9W? If there is no alternative, what information are you looking for? Not trying to be obtuse, just wondering how we can help...
Yep was on the plane, the information for delay wasn't flowing through from the flight deck to cabin crew to passengers. That link was broken. I was just after anyone with access to GDS or any other system who could look up any information for the delay.

Also, full marks for using obtuse in a conversation, I haven't seen/heard that or used it for a long time. love it !

So we were offloaded, put onto what I believe was 9W 117 aircraft and left at 117's departure time. I believe 117 passengers are leaving today.

Doors opened at 10:52am IST, at least one positive thing regarding EC261. Now will see how Jet Airways are when it comes to paying compensation.
Old Jul 10, 18, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
did you find out the reason for the delay????
Old Jul 10, 18, 8:38 am
Original Poster

The most I could get out of the crew was "technical fault"

Search this Thread