Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Is Air India Signature Card worth using?

Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Is it worth buying this card? 30 miles for 100 INR seems attractive! But redeeming is not straight forward as Citi PM card
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Reuleaux
Is it worth buying this card? 30 miles for 100 INR seems attractive! But redeeming is not straight forward as Citi PM card
30 points for 100 is only if you buy in Air India portal and ONLY for the cardholder ticket, which means for your family the 30 points wont apply (unless they changed this policy recently)

I have had this for 2 years and considering closing the account. Annual fee of 5K for not too many perks. Rather spend that 5K on the Jet Sapphiro ICICI card where you get points and a free base fare waiver
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i use this card quite a lot & the bonus points on reaching certain thresholds makes this card very worthwhile....if you are going to use the card on ai to buy tickets for yourself then i would definitely recommend getting this card....
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Depends on your usage. Are you tied to AI for flights AND do you buy your own ticket most / all of the time? If yes... then maybe. If no to those conditions It might not be the best card for you.

A few years ago it used to be a fantastic card that gave you *G status on spends. Today, 3-4 devaluations later its a very poor card unless you get those spend accelerators.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.