Air India baggage check through

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Air India baggage check through

I have 2 separate PNRs.
First PNR AMS-VIE on OS and VIE-DEL on AI
Second PNR DEL-IXB on AI

Austrian said they would not be able to tag my bag through to IXB. Air India said they could do that if I check in again at VIE at the beginning of my Air India flight. I have 2 hours in DEL (arriving at 09:25) to clear immigration and customs. Is there enough time? Also can anyone confirm that Austrian and/or Air India would be able to tag my bag through to IXB.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
No point in rechecking your bags in VIE because you will anyways have to clear customs & immigration in DEL and recheck your bags. So it really doesn’t matter if OS or AI tag your bags earlier.

2 hours is a bit tight but doeable as long as your flight isn’t too late. Having a 2nd PNR of course makes it a risky. Around when are your arriving? October onwards DEL mornings are very unpredictable because of the fog.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
2 hours should be enough time since you don't have to change terminals....if your incoming flight is on time then you won't have a problem....i have done an international to domestic connection in del in under half an hour....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.