Best FFP for India Based Fliers

Old Jun 11, 18, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Best FFP for India Based Fliers

What is the best FFP (excluding 9W,AI,UK) for India based fliers to credit miles (from CC loyalty points), for flights to Europe/North America?
Old Jun 11, 18, 3:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold, BA oik, TK pleb, EY Hoi Polloi
Originally Posted by bigapple07 View Post
What is the best FFP (excluding 9W,AI,UK) for India based fliers to credit miles (from CC loyalty points), for flights to Europe/North America?
Depends who you're typically flying with, what routes you typically take, and what you want to get out of your FFP. Where are you resident? India?
Old Jun 11, 18, 4:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
OP's request is too vague and too generic to respond to. Also it looks like it lacks any effort on his/her part to do any research on very publicly available information. OP should have done some legwork and then come and asked for suggestions based on findings.
Old Jun 11, 18, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bigapple07 View Post
you need to give a lot more information before a question like that can be answered....what exact routes are you looking for????do you want to stick to a particular airline or alliance????are you comfortable paying more yq & less miles or vice versa????
Old Jun 12, 18, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Here is the information :

1. Routes out of BOM - LHR, AMS, CDG, JFK, EWR, ORD in Y
2. No preference for any airline or alliance, whichever offers better value for miles
3. Lesser the YQ the better
4. Mode of crediting miles will be various credit card loyalty points and not actual flights - which programs allow you to redeem miles converted from credit card points directly without having flown with them before? (BA EC allows that I believe....is it the same with EK Skymiles /EY Guest?)
5. To avoid partner redemption hurdles is it better to only focus on airlines that fly out of BOM?
Old Jun 14, 18, 5:03 am

Considering the routes you've listed, I would recommend EY Guest if you are looking for status. A roundtrip between BOM and JFK is about 16,000 tier miles in Y so with just RTs you would be silver and after 3 and one, one way you would be gold (flying just BOM-JFK). With the other routes you have listed, EY flies to all of them except EWR and with LHR, JFK, and CDG you can be on their A380 if you schedule it that way which in my opinion has a good hard product.

I am a little confused by you saying that the mode of crediting miles would be from credit cards not actual flights since you seem to be flying, but EY is a transfer partner with Amex MR and I think Citi ThankYou as well. As for being able to redeem miles without having flown them, I am not sure but I think it is possible.

In terms of value for miles, if you are looking to redeem miles for a full return ticket, EY sometimes has good mile redemptions available, but the taxes can get expensive. Using them to upgrade isn't as good value wise, but with EY status, you will be more likely to get upgraded BOM/AUH because these flights tend to be fairly full in Y. This is, of course, not limited to just BOM/AUH.

Additionally, if you fly within India as well, all 9W flights can be credited to EY for both tier and Guest (redeemable) miles and EY has a handful of partners on which you can earn at least Guest miles.

Search this Thread