HYD-BLR: which airline to chose?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
HYD-BLR: which airline to chose?

Hi all:

I am looking for some advice. I need to travel HYD-BLR as part of a business trip. Checking flight options on the day/time (21JUN late afternoon / early evening) I need to travel I can see the following options:

- JetAirways (departing rather early and turboprop only, but I have flown with them several times)
- Air Asia (only traveled with them once SIN-KUL - good offer including extras purchased)
- IndiGo (never tried them)
- Spice (never tried them, turboprop only)

Which airline would you recommend? I will be travelling with checked luggage (likely more than 15 kgs and less than 23 kgs) and I am 6'4" (190 cm) tall.

Thanks!
cas_de
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:02 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
They are all equally good. Pick one based on the time most convenient to you. The only problem is that they limit checked baggage to 15 Kgs.
Air India (early morning flights) allows 25 Kgs + meals.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks - AI won't work for me in this case. I can only travel on the late afternoon or the evening of that day. But I will give AI a try on my inbound flight DEL-HYD.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
with jet you have different options in fare classes that allow extra luggage....this is often cheaper than paying for excess luggage....
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
with jet you have different options in fare classes that allow extra luggage....this is often cheaper than paying for excess luggage....
Thanks, though the only 9W fligt (nonstop) is operated by an ATR with Y only. All fare types they seem to offer come only with an allowance of 15 kg. Looking up excess baggage fees on the 9W website came as quite a shock, they look pretty steep to me.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:53 pm

i prefer Air Asia
Old May 1, 2018, 3:26 pm

Indigo.

In any event, the flight is < 1hr. You will be fine in any of the listed airlines, not a big deal
Old May 3, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
9W would get you the best leg room. You’re a tall guy and even in a 1 hour flight you can avoid being cramped why shouldn’t you.

I’d avoid SG for leg room issues. I’ve never flown AK so no idea about them.

I’d prefer 6E for timeliness of service. 9W for better in flight experience (but not really noticeable in such a short flight).

Look at prepaying for your luggage. It will be slightly cheaper that way.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Avoid the 9W ATR, it's super cramped. Indigo, Spicejet and Air Asia are all equally good and allow you to pre-book excess luggage as well as emergency exit seats with added legroom for about $10.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
Avoid the 9W ATR, it's super cramped. Indigo, Spicejet and Air Asia are all equally good and allow you to pre-book excess luggage as well as emergency exit seats with added legroom for about $10.
Yeah my bad... if 9W has the ATR on that route... I'd avoid it.
Old May 4, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: AI-Sliver | 9W I 75K Miles PA
I guess 6E will be the best option as you want to avoid turboprop. As the flight is short, you won't find any difference in service.
Old May 5, 2018, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I am leaning towards booking Indigo (assuming that my corp TA will let me do that). Air Asia does only that the one flight and Indigo has a couple of alternative flights since I need to be in BLR for my meetings which start at 9 am the following day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.