Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Can you upgrade your fare class in Y on AI?

Old Apr 11, 18, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold

So my company buys the cheapest tickets in Y for employee travel. Now if I'm traveling in say class V can I pay more to get to class B or H or Y (or similar) to earn some/more miles?

If yes how do I do it? WIll the call center do it or do I need to do it at the airport?
Old Apr 11, 18, 9:29 pm

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
I have done this a few times on Jet in order to make the fare upgradeable so in theory it should be possible on AI.
Old Apr 12, 18, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Anish View Post
I have done this a few times on Jet in order to make the fare upgradeable so in theory it should be possible on AI.
You said it man..."in theory..." This is AI we're dealing with.

Now upgrading to the highest fare bucket within Y is generally doable because that lets you upgrade to biz etc.

But has anyone had any success / knows how to upgrade from say E to G. I don't want to go to the highest fare bucket. I want to go to a fare bucket that gives me the miles I need.
Old Apr 13, 18, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
yes its possible but they will not only charge you the fare difference but a change fee as well....

Last edited by Keyser; Apr 13, 18 at 2:03 am
Old Apr 13, 18, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
yes its possible but they will not only change you the fare difference but a change fee as well....
They are treating it like a change! Wow! How does one do it? Can the call centers handle it?

The change fee will hurt.
Old Apr 13, 18, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
They are treating it like a change! Wow! How does one do it? Can the call centers handle it?

The change fee will hurt.
unfortunately there is no other way to do it....they will treat it as a change....you can do it via the call centers or at the airport as well....
Old Apr 13, 18, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
unfortunately there is no other way to do it....they will treat it as a change....you can do it via the call centers or at the airport as well....
Thanks man!

Search this Thread