Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Web Check-in Unavailable for Senior Citizens' Bookings (Spice Jet)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)

Tried to check in my mother who is on a Senior Citizen fare. Got the message that Senior fares are only allowed to check in at the airport. Another one of those strange quirks of flying domestic carriers in India.

I've asked her to find out why, when she checks in tomorrow, and hear what hair-brained explanation they come up with.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
I'm sure the first reflex of the check-in people is going to be the traditional "Its the system, we are unable to say why the system does that, we apologize anyway"
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:43 am

I guess it’s because the check in staff needs to confirm that she is eligible for the type of ticket. It’s also done elsewhere on youth tickets.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
So that they can check visually that she’s fit to fly and verify she’s a senior citizen because there are discounts for seniors.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
most (if not all) airlines in india do this on a senior citizen fare....they have to check your id to see if you qualify for that fare....
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
All good answers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.