Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Help please Indigo checked in suitcase size!

Help please Indigo checked in suitcase size!

Old Mar 25, 18, 8:09 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 456
Help please Indigo checked in suitcase size!

Please can you help me I am flying to India on BA and then after a couple of days on Chennai I fly to Kochi on Indigo. The suitcase I am intending to take with me has dimensions of 50 x 77 x 30 all cms which totals 157cms. I have bought extra baggage of 15 kilos but was concerned about my my suitcase dimensions it is just under (I hope) the 158cms on the website. Will I get away with it? Many thanks
CharlotteC is offline  
Old Mar 25, 18, 8:49 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 379
Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
Please can you help me I am flying to India on BA and then after a couple of days on Chennai I fly to Kochi on Indigo. The suitcase I am intending to take with me has dimensions of 50 x 77 x 30 all cms which totals 157cms. I have bought extra baggage of 15 kilos but was concerned about my my suitcase dimensions it is just under (I hope) the 158cms on the website. Will I get away with it? Many thanks
do you honestly think that those that manage luggage go around with a measuring tape to measure checked in baggage? If they do, they will be in the courier business, not an airline business! What will happen is that only bags that are observed to be unusually large (yours definitely won't) will attract extra attention.

Besides, you paid for extra luggage which means that they will already look to you favorably, meaning that even if you were 1 or 3 inches over, it would be overlooked.

Relax!

However, if you weight exceeds 15kgs, that's a different matter altogether, and you will be charged for each kg. over 15kg.

By the way, it is foolish buying such a large bag for just 15 kgs.......your bag itself will weigh probably about 12 lbs which is about 5 to 6 kgs.

Last edited by AJLondon; Mar 30, 18 at 5:20 am Reason: Mod action: removed inflammatory comment
edealinfo12345 is offline  
Old Mar 25, 18, 9:51 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 456
Thank you I bought an additional 15kgs of extra luggage addition to the allowance of 15kg. I am an experienced traveller who is pretty chilled but would just like to have the facts before I get to the relevant airport!
CharlotteC is offline  
Old Mar 25, 18, 10:37 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 379
Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
Thank you I bought an additional 15kgs of extra luggage addition to the allowance of 15kg. I am an experienced traveller who is pretty chilled but would just like to have the facts before I get to the relevant airport!

Ok, safe travels. if you intend to carry 15 + 15 for a total 30kgs, that actually means very good sense for1 bag that holds that weight.
edealinfo12345 is offline  
Old Mar 25, 18, 3:51 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 456
Thank you
CharlotteC is offline  
Old Mar 27, 18, 12:03 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,567
i've carried all types of bags on various different airlines in india & the only thing they do is measure the bag for weight, never for size....you won't have a problem with the size of the bag....
Keyser is online now  
Old Mar 29, 18, 8:03 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
Failing to understand what did OP say which warranted flaming like this? There is no reason to use language like this. OP came here for a simple question and deserved a simple answer not words like this.
For clarification I said thank you to be polite, I did think that the individual who replied was overly aggressive and a tad rude!
CharlotteC is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 12:36 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS
Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 1,214
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345 View Post
The OP thanks me. So it seems that the only one who is accusatory and making a "mountain out of a molehill" is YOU! You need help, brother!
There is something seriously wrong with you. If OP was not enough, you started using the same language for me now.

Read OP's comment just above this post, where he/she clearly finds you overly rude.
vishalgupta22 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 6:46 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 379
Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post


For clarification I said thank you to be polite, I did think that the individual who replied was overly aggressive and a tad rude!
I gave you the answer you needed. Next time I will keep my mouth shut and you can only hope others will have answers. 99.99% of persons in the US haven't heard of Indigo.

Secondly, you would think that someone in the US can take a lit bit of bluntness, sarcasm, humor, and perspective. That's what makes a forum thread interesting to read. Otherwise, you could just run your question through Google.
edealinfo12345 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 10:52 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: New York, New York
Programs: AS MVP ; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Posts: 4,429
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345 View Post
Next time I will keep my mouth shut
Words to live by. Be sure you remember them.
knit-in is offline  
Old Mar 30, 18, 12:14 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,567
Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
For clarification I said thank you to be polite, I did think that the individual who replied was overly aggressive and a tad rude!
i agree....there was no need to respond the way he did....
Keyser is online now  
Old Mar 30, 18, 12:16 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,567
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345 View Post
I gave you the answer you needed. Next time I will keep my mouth shut and you can only hope others will have answers. 99.99% of persons in the US haven't heard of Indigo.
not to worry....others will have answers....the op posted in the 'india based airlines' forum where 99.99% of people have heard of indigo....
Keyser is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread