Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Help please Indigo checked in suitcase size!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Please can you help me I am flying to India on BA and then after a couple of days on Chennai I fly to Kochi on Indigo. The suitcase I am intending to take with me has dimensions of 50 x 77 x 30 all cms which totals 157cms. I have bought extra baggage of 15 kilos but was concerned about my my suitcase dimensions it is just under (I hope) the 158cms on the website. Will I get away with it? Many thanks
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Please can you help me I am flying to India on BA and then after a couple of days on Chennai I fly to Kochi on Indigo. The suitcase I am intending to take with me has dimensions of 50 x 77 x 30 all cms which totals 157cms. I have bought extra baggage of 15 kilos but was concerned about my my suitcase dimensions it is just under (I hope) the 158cms on the website. Will I get away with it? Many thanks
do you honestly think that those that manage luggage go around with a measuring tape to measure checked in baggage? If they do, they will be in the courier business, not an airline business! What will happen is that only bags that are observed to be unusually large (yours definitely won't) will attract extra attention.

Besides, you paid for extra luggage which means that they will already look to you favorably, meaning that even if you were 1 or 3 inches over, it would be overlooked.

Relax!

However, if you weight exceeds 15kgs, that's a different matter altogether, and you will be charged for each kg. over 15kg.

By the way, it is foolish buying such a large bag for just 15 kgs.......your bag itself will weigh probably about 12 lbs which is about 5 to 6 kgs.

Last edited by AJLondon; Mar 30, 2018 at 5:20 am Reason: Mod action: removed inflammatory comment
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you I bought an additional 15kgs of extra luggage addition to the allowance of 15kg. I am an experienced traveller who is pretty chilled but would just like to have the facts before I get to the relevant airport!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:37 am

Thank you I bought an additional 15kgs of extra luggage addition to the allowance of 15kg. I am an experienced traveller who is pretty chilled but would just like to have the facts before I get to the relevant airport!

Ok, safe travels. if you intend to carry 15 + 15 for a total 30kgs, that actually means very good sense for1 bag that holds that weight.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've carried all types of bags on various different airlines in india & the only thing they do is measure the bag for weight, never for size....you won't have a problem with the size of the bag....
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Failing to understand what did OP say which warranted flaming like this? There is no reason to use language like this. OP came here for a simple question and deserved a simple answer not words like this.
For clarification I said thank you to be polite, I did think that the individual who replied was overly aggressive and a tad rude!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
The OP thanks me. So it seems that the only one who is accusatory and making a "mountain out of a molehill" is YOU! You need help, brother!
There is something seriously wrong with you. If OP was not enough, you started using the same language for me now.

Read OP's comment just above this post, where he/she clearly finds you overly rude.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:46 pm

For clarification I said thank you to be polite, I did think that the individual who replied was overly aggressive and a tad rude!
I gave you the answer you needed. Next time I will keep my mouth shut and you can only hope others will have answers. 99.99% of persons in the US haven't heard of Indigo.

Secondly, you would think that someone in the US can take a lit bit of bluntness, sarcasm, humor, and perspective. That's what makes a forum thread interesting to read. Otherwise, you could just run your question through Google.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Next time I will keep my mouth shut
Words to live by. Be sure you remember them.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i agree....there was no need to respond the way he did....
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I gave you the answer you needed. Next time I will keep my mouth shut and you can only hope others will have answers. 99.99% of persons in the US haven't heard of Indigo.
not to worry....others will have answers....the op posted in the 'india based airlines' forum where 99.99% of people have heard of indigo....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.