Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance on upgraded travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Hi
Can anybody confirm what will be the check in baggage allowance on Jet Airways if travel is upgraded from economy to premiere using JP Miles or vouchers?

Multiple conversations with Jet agents have resulted in mixed answers so it seems that the employees themselves do not know the rules.

I have not come across any written statement defining the baggage allowance for upgrade using miles or vouchers.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I've used this on two occasions, the first time I was given the additional allowance immediately. The next time the check-in agent was confused and spoke to her supervisor for a while before giving the allowance. So in theory, yes you should be able to avail the allowance.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anish
I've used this on two occasions, the first time I was given the additional allowance immediately. The next time the check-in agent was confused and spoke to her supervisor for a while before giving the allowance. So in theory, yes you should be able to avail the allowance.
Using voucher or Miles for the upgrade?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by vikasr
Using voucher or Miles for the upgrade?
Miles on both occasions but that doesn't matter since both get booked into the same D class.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
its been a while since i used a voucher but i use miles to upgrade fairly regularly....i have always received the additional baggage allowance....
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Got the additional baggage allowance on voucher upgrade. No confusion asset check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.