Community
Wiki Posts
Search

shop.jetprivilege.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

shop.jetprivilege.com

Like many things to do with Jet Airways, this shopping portal appears to be a shonky mess. Every time I make a purchase on Amazon going via shop.jetprivilege, I get an email to the effect of "We noticed you were browsing Amazon but did not make a purchase. Complete your purchase now."

The few times I've got a "success, you have earned xx JP Miles message" instead, it was - surprise, surprise - for very small purchases.

Does this happen to everyone else as well, or am I doing something wrong?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i stopped using this service when i kept getting the 'complete your purchase now' emails....
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Also, sometimes you get that message, and that is later followed by another message saying you have received points for that same purchase.

I don't know how they calculate the points value of each purchase. In the past I've been told I've received 43 points for a purchase of Rs 410, and just 15 for a purchase of 571. Go figure.

And they apply some equally mystifying logic to calculate the points-earning value of any purchase. For instance, for a recent purchase of about Rs 4800, the amount (on which points are calculated) shows as Rs 3711 in the email shop.jetprivilege sent me. How did they get that figure? Who knows. And I received a grand total of 197 miles for that spend of Rs 3711.

Seems about right, considering it's a 9W enterprise.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:59 pm

There are few points to consider that how Jetprivilege calculates the JP miles for each purchase.
  1. Not all categories eligible for same earning of JP miles. For instance, on mobiles or electronics purchase you may get 2 JP miles per 100 spent. On fashion, clothing etc you may get 10 JP miles per 100 spent. It varies differently. Usually amazon publishes its referral reward structure per month to affiliates and jet privilege is simply passing us some of its benefit which it earns from amazon using referrals, hence the earnings may be different for same product purchased every month.
  2. I have also noticed that while calculating the JP reward miles for each amazon purchase, they don't include taxes in overall puchase. If I purchase a product for Rs 10000 (including Rs 200 as tax), then they calculates the JP miles on Rs 9800.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I guessed as much, but it doesn't help that Jet Privilege isn't transparent about these details. Or if they've stated it in the fine print, it seems to be buried pretty deep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.