Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Questions about Jet Airways Premiere Class experience flying Mumbai to Bangkok

Questions about Jet Airways Premiere Class experience flying Mumbai to Bangkok

Old Jan 27, 18, 3:30 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LAS
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 2,906
Questions about Jet Airways Premiere Class experience flying Mumbai to Bangkok

I'm flying out tomorrow from BOM to BKK. I just upgraded online to premiere class.

Is there a separate first/business class check in area for Jet Airways passengers at BOM and if so, where is it?
Are there fast track channels to go through shorter lines at security or immigration?
Do I really have to be at the airport three hours before the flight like the airline suggests?

The immigration lines in Bangkok can be quite long, does anyone know if Jet hands out the premium lane passes for Bangkok arrival immigration for premiere class passengers?

Thanks.
jphripjah is offline  
Old Jan 27, 18, 7:29 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: around the bend
Posts: 271
Yes. Enter the terminal building through gates 5 or 6 and you'll see the banks of Jet Airways check-in counters more or less in front of you, a little to the right. Not sure where the premiere check-in counters for BOM-BKK are, but if they're the same as the ones for Jet international long haul, they're the last rank on the far right.

There are fast track lines for both security and immigration.

I've never flown Jet business to BKK, so not sure of getting priority immigration there, but going by their practice on other international sectors, you ought to get it.
L_D_M is offline  
Old Jan 27, 18, 7:42 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LAS
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 2,906
Originally Posted by L_D_M View Post
Yes. Enter the terminal building through gates 5 or 6 and you'll see the banks of Jet Airways check-in counters more or less in front of you, a little to the right. Not sure where the premiere check-in counters for BOM-BKK are, but if they're the same as the ones for Jet international long haul, they're the last rank on the far right.

There are fast track lines for both security and immigration.

I've never flown Jet business to BKK, so not sure of getting priority immigration there, but going by their practice on other international sectors, you ought to get it.
Thank you very much!
jphripjah is offline  
Old Jan 28, 18, 12:23 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,547
Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
Is there a separate first/business class check in area for Jet Airways passengers at BOM and if so, where is it?
right at the end of the terminal on the right....

Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
Are there fast track channels to go through shorter lines at security or immigration?
yes & yes....

Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
Do I really have to be at the airport three hours before the flight like the airline suggests?
2 hours prior is more than enough time....

Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
The immigration lines in Bangkok can be quite long, does anyone know if Jet hands out the premium lane passes for Bangkok arrival immigration for premiere class passengers?
flew del-bkk recently & the passes were handed out....
Keyser is offline  
Old Jan 28, 18, 11:47 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goa, India
Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Posts: 972
Enter the terminal through Gate 8 at the very end and you'll notice the premium check-in section. There is dedicated premium security and immigration just after the check-in.
Anish is offline  
Old Jan 29, 18, 3:18 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LAS
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 2,906
Thanks everyone. I'm not a good reader, so I entered at gate 5/6 as recommended and then went to the regular Jet Airways check in lines in front of me and then asked the line staff where business class check in was and they directed me to the dedicated first/business check in area off to the right.

Check in, security and immigration took about 5 minutes, so in my limited experience there is absolutely no reason to arrive at the airport 2-3 hours early if you're flying in business/first class.

Having upgraded online, I did feel like a "second class" Premiere class passenger. When I checked in at the business class area, the agent asked if I had used miles for the ticket. I wasn't allowed access to the GVK lounge, because if you upgrade online you don't get that.

I was in seat 2F and when the flight attendant took everyone's dining orders she asked the guy in 2D and then skipped over me and took my order I think 11th of the 12 business class passengers.

They did not pass out Bangkok fast track immigration passes (or even landing cards) to anyone and Bangkok immigration staff won't let you use the premium lanes with just a business class boarding pass, you need the fast track pass. The line at Bangkok immigration area 3 looked to be about 45 minutes long so I walked 50-100 meters over to immigration 1 and the lines there were much shorter.
jphripjah is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread