Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Does Jet Airways honor Skyteam Elite + Status

Does Jet Airways honor Skyteam Elite + Status

Old Jan 25, 18, 4:48 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 93
Does Jet Airways honor Skyteam Elite + Status

Hi I will be flying Jet Airways for two flights (JAI-BOM) & (GOI-BOM) on my upcoming trip to India and was wondering if 9w honors Skyteam Elite plus status; I am a Platinum Medallion with Delta. I am mainly asking for because it seems that they give their elites increased carry on allowance, and though I am trying to pack light I also have photography gear which makes it a bit harder and the extra bag allowance would be helpful. Thank you in advance
bstv69 is offline  
Old Jan 25, 18, 10:39 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,570
unfortunately no benefits....i took over 50 flights with them last year & about half a dozen since the beginning of this year....i would have made plat status with them had i not been crediting to delta....
bstv69 likes this.
Keyser is offline  
Old Jan 26, 18, 9:43 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,640
You can often check in at the elite desk by waiving around your card. They don't often refuse.
bstv69 likes this.
erik123 is offline  
Old Jan 26, 18, 12:11 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Posts: 1,481
Originally Posted by erik123 View Post
You can often check in at the elite desk by waiving around your card. They don't often refuse.
I’ve checked in at the premier desks being a blue plus and they haven’t ever complained. But do they give you any other elite benefits esp. with luggage allowance etc.? I don’t think they do.
bstv69 likes this.
PiperAtGatesofDawn is offline  
Old Jan 26, 18, 12:42 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 93
Thanks for the replies.

i appreciate the responses, my next question then is how strict are they usually with carryon item limits. If I have a small duffel and backpack Will they force me to check the duffel at the gate. Will the waiving my status card allow me to get through haha.
The main reason I'm concerned about checking is that I'm flying JAI-BOM on 9w then have a 3 hr layover and take an air India flight from BOM to GOI and wasn't sure if I would have enough time in between if I had to go to baggage claim and then through security again, taking delays into account.
Thanks again this will be my first time in India and am a bit intimidated by the domestic travel.
bstv69 is offline  
Old Jan 27, 18, 12:30 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,570
Originally Posted by erik123 View Post
You can often check in at the elite desk by waiving around your card. They don't often refuse.
i have tried that with mixed results....if the desk is busy then they will refuse otherwise they don't care....
bstv69 likes this.
Keyser is offline  
Old Jan 27, 18, 12:32 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,570
Originally Posted by bstv69 View Post
i appreciate the responses, my next question then is how strict are they usually with carryon item limits. If I have a small duffel and backpack Will they force me to check the duffel at the gate. Will the waiving my status card allow me to get through haha.
The main reason I'm concerned about checking is that I'm flying JAI-BOM on 9w then have a 3 hr layover and take an air India flight from BOM to GOI and wasn't sure if I would have enough time in between if I had to go to baggage claim and then through security again, taking delays into account.
Thanks again this will be my first time in India and am a bit intimidated by the domestic travel.
if the duffel bag is not big then they won't care....

on another note, 3 hours in bom is more than enough time even if you have to check-in the bag....
bstv69 likes this.
Keyser is offline  
Old Jan 27, 18, 9:03 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
if the duffel bag is not big then they won't care....

on another note, 3 hours in bom is more than enough time even if you have to check-in the bag....

okay great thank you for the reassurance. I had just read some of the forum post here on BOM airport and was a bit intimidated, especially considering what seems like inevitable delays when flying in India
bstv69 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 18, 4:47 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: BOM/DEL/GAU
Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Posts: 1,072
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
unfortunately no benefits....i took over 50 flights with them last year & about half a dozen since the beginning of this year....i would have made plat status with them had i not been crediting to delta....
Bumping this thread up, since I have a similar question.

@Keyser , since you have done this, I had a few questions:

1. On your BP, when the FF# appears as DLxxxxxxxxxx, do they show the status (like GLD/PLT/DIAMOND)?
2. How long, after you have taken the flights, do the credits appear on your DL account?
3. For domestic 9W operated, marketed and ticketed flights, are the RDMs awarded based on 30% of the distance flown (in P class), correct (and consequently MQMs at 150%)?

Any other insights that you can provide as a DL Diamond travelling on a 'P' fare, Keyser? Thanks!
AvidFlyer1990 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 18, 5:28 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,570
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
1. On your BP, when the FF# appears as DLxxxxxxxxxx, do they show the status (like GLD/PLT/DIAMOND)?
i don't have any of my old boarding passes to check but if i remember correctly they only mention the number, not the status....

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
2. How long, after you have taken the flights, do the credits appear on your DL account?
the earliest its shown up has been 7 days but normally it takes around 2 weeks....i've noticed that if it doesn't show up after 2 weeks then it won't post on its own & will have to be followed up....this happens more than 50% of the time....also, i've lost count of the number of times the activity has posted as 'ineligible for mileage credit' & its a pain to follow up to get this rectified....

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
3. For domestic 9W operated, marketed and ticketed flights, are the RDMs awarded based on 30% of the distance flown (in P class), correct (and consequently MQMs at 150%)?
can't comment on mqds since i don't have a us address so that is not applicable to me....for mqms i've found the following tool to offer a pretty accurate calculation of what delta awards on 9w flights....

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
Any other insights that you can provide as a DL Diamond travelling on a 'P' fare, Keyser? Thanks!
enjoy the flight & wait patiently for 2 weeks for the flight to credit to your account....
Keyser is offline  
Old Apr 15, 18, 5:41 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: BOM/DEL/GAU
Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Posts: 1,072
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
the earliest its shown up has been 7 days but normally it takes around 2 weeks....i've noticed that if it doesn't show up after 2 weeks then it won't post on its own & will have to be followed up....this happens more than 50% of the time....also, i've lost count of the number of times the activity has posted as 'ineligible for mileage credit' & its a pain to follow up to get this rectified....
Oh...it does seem like a pain. How do you go about filling the retro-credit request? Online / twitter? I am flying out from an airport in India, that the DL website doesn't even recognize, so I guess I won't be able to do it via the online request tool??

can't comment on mqds since i don't have a us address so that is not applicable to me....for mqms i've found the following tool to offer a pretty accurate calculation of what delta awards on 9w flights....
Perfect!! I'll check it out!

enjoy the flight & wait patiently for 2 weeks for the flight to credit to your account....
Haha...Alrighty!!
AvidFlyer1990 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 18, 9:18 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,570
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
Oh...it does seem like a pain. How do you go about filling the retro-credit request? Online / twitter? I am flying out from an airport in India, that the DL website doesn't even recognize, so I guess I won't be able to do it via the online request tool??
i do it online....the delta website doesn't even have 9w in the drop down menu for claiming partner miles online....so i just leave that blank & in the comments section i put in the relevant details....

i've sent in a number of complaints to delta over the last year about this but they have yet to rectify the online request tool....
Keyser is offline  
Old Apr 15, 18, 9:22 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: BOM/DEL/GAU
Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Posts: 1,072
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i do it online....the delta website doesn't even have 9w in the drop down menu for claiming partner miles online....so i just leave that blank & in the comments section i put in the relevant details....

i've sent in a number of complaints to delta over the last year about this but they have yet to rectify the online request tool....
Thank you, @Keyser! Much appreciated!!
AvidFlyer1990 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread