Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways BOM-SIN seat configuration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:16 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them

Hi,

I have an upcoming flight on Jet Airways, BOM-SIN. Is there anyway to know before hand if it still has their old purple/brown themed herringbone structured business class or the new all brown forward facing business class.. my upgrade decision is dependent on that..

I saw the seat configuration on seat guru and tried cross referencing with the aircraft type, but there is still a big grey area, so can't be sure of the structure. My best guess is that it's a A333 and has the new business class, but I want to be really sure..
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:39 am

If I remember correctly, its a A332 with 1-1-1 config in business class. Herringbone seats. This is from 6 months back but even now its a 1-1-1 config.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Yep, 1-1-1- herringbone seats on that sector as of today.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:45 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Thanks guys.. that's help me with the upgrade decision..!! My confusion was because of the seats numbers they were showing, it looked like an A333 and that was showing on seatguru with the new structure, not the 1-1-1 herringbone one..
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
My confusion was because of the seats numbers they were showing, it looked like an A333 and that was showing on seatguru with the new structure, not the 1-1-1 herringbone one..
Actually, I just popped over to KVS Tool and there are 2 9W daily flights BOM-SIN and they are different configurations each.

9W 12 red-eye shows this seat config:

while 9W 10, the daytime flight shows this one:

So it seems like it depends on what flight you are taking..
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:20 pm
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deovrat
Actually, I just popped over to KVS Tool and there are 2 9W daily flights BOM-SIN and they are different configurations each.

9W 12 red-eye shows this seat config:

while 9W 10, the daytime flight shows this one:

So it seems like it depends on what flight you are taking..
Im taking 9W10, the morning one, and now based on your post it seems it's the new fitted business class.. damn..
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it would be best to call them & ask....i've often come across wrong information based on seatguru & found a different seat configuration on board....
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:36 pm
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
it would be best to call them & ask....i've often come across wrong information based on seatguru & found a different seat configuration on board....
I called but they couldnt confirm.. I tried experflyer, and it is showing the 1-1-1 herringbone aircraft.. so I guess I will only find out when I am at the airport !
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
9W12 is definitely the A332 with the herringbone config, flew it a few months ago.

From Flightradar info, it seems 9W10 is mostly 332 with the occasional 333 thrown in, so very likely you should have the herringbone config.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/9w10
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:15 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anish
9W12 is definitely the A332 with the herringbone config, flew it a few months ago.

From Flightradar info, it seems 9W10 is mostly 332 with the occasional 333 thrown in, so very likely you should have the herringbone config.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/9w10
Yup.. the A333 is on Sunday's only it seems.. Now that that mystery is solved, off I go to try and get an upgrade.. let the struggle begin..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.