Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India Boarding pass incorrect time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,

So, having an issue and curious if anybody else has had a similar experience.
Booked flight AI 9688 JAI-DEL. The flight I booked departs Jaipur at 15:55. Checked in online and the boarding pass says the flight departs at 13:35. I called their horrible customer service three times and the first person said the flight time changed. The second person said that it didn't change. And the third person said he wasn't sure, so I just need to get to the airport early in case. Air India's website (under flight status) says the flight departs at 15:55, while google/flightstats says 13:35. I booked 15:55 intentionally and if the flight departs at 13:35, I will have to radically change my plans ruining my itinerary. If this were Europe, I would merely show up for 15:55 flight, and let the airline deal with it if there are problems. However, given my already poor experiences with Air India, I am less inclined to do so. What would you do? Is there any way to know what time this flight actually departs? Also, in India, you are required to show boarding pass to enter airport. I presume this could also be an issue. Any advice is appreciated.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i wouldn't be surprised if ai changed the flight timing so it would be better to show up at the earlier time....

you don't have to show your boarding pass to enter the airport....you can show a copy of your ticket as well so this will not be an issue....
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Ultimately, it was the later time, and actually delayed until 17:15. And then, interestingly enough, when they printed my boarding pass at the airport, it showed the delayed time of 17:15. I don't think I have ever seen a delay shown as the departure time on a boarding pass before. So, while I am still very confused about the whole thing, at least I didn't have any issues.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
And then, interestingly enough, when they printed my boarding pass at the airport, it showed the delayed time of 17:15. I don't think I have ever seen a delay shown as the departure time on a boarding pass before.
that's pretty common in india....my 9w flight today was delayed by over 2 hours & it had the new departure time on the boarding pass....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.