Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Cash upgrade from J to F on Jet Airways AMS-DEL?

Old Dec 13, 17, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MM Frequent Traveller, Marriot Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond

Hello all,
I am flying next week in J class from AMS-DEL. I know there is availability in F on the flight, but I booked with Delta so basicaly no one can change the ticket.
Does anyone know if cash upgrades are offered in AMS from J to F?
Old Dec 14, 17, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
yes they are....you have to ask at the counter during check-in....
Old Dec 15, 17, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MM Frequent Traveller, Marriot Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Can anyone provide an approximate amount for this? Also, if I'm transiting through AMS, can I still take advantage of the upgrade? Is there a 9W transit counter?
Old Dec 18, 17, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
I was quoted 800 a couple of years back for LHR-DEL. I would expect this route to be around the same.
Old Dec 20, 17, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Just an update - it was 999 euros. Didn't take it, but premiere service was wonderful.
deovrat likes this.
Old Jan 24, 18, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by iluvairlines View Post
Just an update - it was 999 euros. Didn't take it, but premiere service was wonderful.
Can you speak a little bit more about the service? I'm flying 9W for the first time in Premiere from BOM-AMS, and I'm curious about how the hard and soft product -- even though it's a red-eye.

Also, do you suspect that the cost of upgrading from DEL-CDG would be roughly the same ex-India?

Last edited by UVAhoo06; Jan 24, 18 at 9:00 pm Reason: Meant BOM-AMS (not DEL-CDG)
Old Jan 24, 18, 8:30 pm

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 View Post
Also, do you suspect that the cost of upgrading from DEL-CDG would be roughly the same ex-India?
DEL-CDG does not have a F cabin
Old Jan 24, 18, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Anish View Post
DEL-CDG does not have a F cabin
Whoops! My mistake: I meant BOM-AMS. (I was clearly reading too closely at the previous threads )
Old Jan 25, 18, 6:22 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattExplorist, EYGold, AI
The F is just J with a bigger better seat. No soft product to blow your mind. Just that the champagne was better.
Old Jan 27, 18, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by A2A View Post
The F is just J with a bigger better seat. No soft product to blow your mind. Just that the champagne was better.
Ah, then probably not worth the premium then, especially if it's a red-eye. I'm someone who would want to enjoy the F experience.
Old Jan 30, 18, 7:04 pm

Received an email this morning, Bom-Lhr Business to first for 49900 inr

Search this Thread